XF 2.2 How to tame the number of Smilies

DigNap15

Hello
I think my Smilies are straight out of the box
I am talking about the ones avilable from the Smilie icon in my text editor

I have had a few requests for certain smilies that are not there.
Uptil now, I have not given this area of my fourm much attention
But I just noticed that the smilies are divided into several groups
Smilies
People
Nature
Food and probably more

Is there an easy way to cut the number down, or create my own list of smilies.

PS I also get confused between Reactions, Smilies and Emojis

Thanks for that Brogan and Tracy Perry

So my next question is
Is it possible to add or remove Smilies from the to Smilie Group?
Actual smilies?

ACP -> Content -> Smilies
Add, modify, remove or disable to your hearts content. Realize, the inbuilt ones are NOT individual graphics but a sprite sheet.

Remove the emoticons? It's all or nothing with them.

ACP -> Setup -> Messages

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 10.13.46 PM.png

Hello
I think my Smilies are straight out of the box
I am talking about the ones avilable from the Smilie icon in my text editor

I have had a few requests for certain smilies that are not there.
Uptil now, I have not given this area of my fourm much attention
But I just noticed that the smilies are divided into several groups
Smilies
People
Nature
Food and probably more

Is there an easy way to cut the number down, or create my own list of smilies.

PS I also get confused between Reactions, Smilies and Emojis
Hi all,

Following on from this. I have worked out how to edit/replace the smilies. But how do I remove the People/Symbols/Flags etc as these are not wanted. Thanks.

Yes, but it doesnt say how to remove them all.
Errr... is it hard to comprehend ALL or NONE?
I'm sure you can find a developer that would happily extend the script so you can pick which ones you want.... but by default.... you want one, you get them ALL.
All means EVERY emoji... not just the ones you want to keep, and NONE means that you see NONE of them - even the ones you may want.

What part of "remove them all" do you not comprehend?
And what PART of the image that was given you that you DID NOT UNDERSTAND in an earlier post?

Pretty SURE it shows a check box for emojis... most would understand if you UNCHECKED that, they would not appear.
I guess actually fully reading the thread containing earlier posts and thinking about it may be an issue for some?
It CLEARLY stated that checking that shows a categorized list... so the opposite is the removal of them.
Pretty dang sure (and I just checked it) that unchecking that icon removes ALL of them, and ONLY leaves your defined ones.
BTW, even in THAT post, it was stated it was an ALL or NONE choice.

Last edited:
ACP -> Setup -> Messages

View attachment 277591
Pretty SURE it shows a check box for emojis... most would understand if you UNCHECKED that, they would not appear.
No need to get ****ty, I am just asking for help. Just because you obviously know everything about forum administration, doesnt mean everyone else does. I am not deaf either, so no need to capitalise words you are trying to over emphasize! And yes I do know the difference between all and none. I am pretty sure I know how to unchech a tick box as well, so please dont be so condascending.

You clearly stated the location of the tick box at ACP > Setup > Messages.
Please can you highlight in the attached screenshot where it says "messages"?
Thats right, it doesnt. You forgot to add "options". To the correct path is ACP > Setup > Options > Messages.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-03-12 135820.webp

No need to get ****ty, I am just asking for help. Just because you obviously know everything about forum administration, doesnt mean everyone else does. I am not deaf either, so no need to capitalise words you are trying to over emphasize! And yes I do know the difference between all and none. I am pretty sure I know how to unchech a tick box as well, so please dont be so condascending.

You clearly stated the location of the tick box at ACP > Setup > Messages.
Please can you highlight in the attached screenshot where it says "messages"?
Thats right, it doesnt. You forgot to add "options". To the correct path is ACP > Setup > Options > Messages.

Thank you.
Not getting your claimed "****tty"... in fact, in the post I linked you, it should give you a hint:

The location that was left out was the options selection
ACP->Setup->Options->Messages

A little time spent looking (which would benefit you in what is in the ACP) would have quickly shown where it was.

But guess what... the SEARCH BOX can be your friend

Search on EMOJI in the ACP (that search box is a REALLY handy thing)
(last one listed)
Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 9.28.48 AM.png

You could have just said this at the start.
and you could have done a little more self-investigation instead of expecting it on a silver platter. ;)
I mean, like there is a magnifying glass which usually indicates "search" in the upper right of the ACP.
I encourage you to examine it and make use of it. MANY requests for assistance can be successfully answered by the search features in the ACP, whether it's dealing with Template Searches, Phrase Searches or overall ACP searches.

Not to pick on you, but way too often when someone asks a question, they haven't even taken the time to try to find the resolution themselves, whether it's by searching in the ACP search functions, or searching on the site or even doing a simple Google search which can point them at the answer.

Top Bottom