XF 2.2 Sorting articles by the number of "likes"

BikeGremlin

I have a node set as:
  • Node type: "Forum"
  • Forum type: "Article"

For that node, I can choose a "Default sort order," with these available options:
  • Last message
  • First message
  • Title
  • Replies

Either in "Descending" or "Ascending" order for each.

However, I'd like to be able to set the default sort order so that articles with most user likes (points) go to the top.

Is that possible?

The idea is to keep the best and most popular articles always near the top - automatically.
(the number of replies is close, but not the same, IMO).

P.S.
If it's not a secret, what are the default sort order settings for the XenForo's "Have you seen..." section?

Relja

There isn't a built in option to sort by likes/reaction score by default.
It is only available for users to select:

View attachment 294243

First message, descending.

Thank you, Paul, for the lightning-fast response. :)

I suppose that the extra default sorting option is not something that many people would need so doesn't warrant to become a feature request (not even sure how much it would complicate to implement it)?

Relja

To expand on my thinking:

One downside of forums is that the new stuff "pushes out" the old stuff, even if it's really good.
This is especially important for any (user-written) tutorial-educational articles.
I'd like to be able to easily keep the best ones on top, always easily visible.

Pin a new article for a month or two, and then let it get "sorted" by the number of user likes (comments can pile up on "controversial" articles, without the articles themselves getting many total positive points).

I would consider this to be a strategic thing to keep forums in general more relevant and more popular (could be wrong, that's how I see it).

Relja

Top Bottom