Rate User - Translation Tab - New Tabs - Throw Tomatos

ineedhelp

Hi,

Please will someone help and guide me on how to do the following:

1. Need to add a feature where users can Rate each others Profile or User - Just like you can *Like* a post.... I want the Rate feature to be added into the profile where the user can rate on a scale of 1 to 10

Then a Who Rated Me Tab within the profile where it says Posts, information etc - so that users can see who rated the user. And under the profile pic where it has some basic info like Trophies etc, I want a title saying *Number of times Rated: xx*

2. How do I create a new tab for *Top Rated Members* so it appears after Members and lists all the Top Rated Members according to ( 1. ) and for this feature to only show after logging in?

3. How can I allow users to Throw tomatoes or something at other users Avatars? So under users Avatars, I want it to say *Throw* then the user can throw tomatoes at a users Avatars, and even if the user changes there pic, the tomatoes remain, until someone *Cleans* the tomatoes off the pic.

4. How do I allow users to translate the in tire forum into there own language? I would like this Tab/ Feature as a drop down menu, like the Members menu drops down.. This tab to be placed After the Help Tab.

5. How do i create a New Tab, after the Forum Tab?

Example: Tab title *Photos* Tab when click opens *http://xenforo.com* (please note, the top header and menus must remain when clicking in link)

Also what's the difference between: navigation, navigation.css and navigation_visitor_tab ?

I dont know which to edit, and what coding to add where? Please tell me the coding to use and where do i insert it?
------------------------------

I've seen all these features implemented on a website which is also using xenforo forums.

But I've searched this site, couldn't find them..... found how to add Tabs, but its confusing.

Can someone please be kind and helpful and guide me please, I'm new to all this, but i'm learning.

Thanks in advance.

You would need add-ons for most of that.

Adding a new tab is simple enough: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-add-a-new-tab-in-the-navbar.7781/

To identify which template to edit, see the FAQ:

How can I find out which template to edit?
Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
<div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is:
<div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181037

Hi,

Please will someone help and guide me on how to do the following:

1. Need to add a feature where users can Rate each others Profile or User - Just like you can *Like* a post.... I want the Rate feature to be added into the profile where the user can rate on a scale of 1 to 10

Then a Who Rated Me Tab within the profile where it says Posts, information etc - so that users can see who rated the user. And under the profile pic where it has some basic info like Trophies etc, I want a title saying *Number of times Rated: xx*

Also what's the difference between: navigation, navigation.css and navigation_visitor_tab ?

I dont know which to edit, and what coding to add where? Please tell me the coding to use and where do i insert it?
1. I think XenForo 1.1 is coming shipped with a rating feature (probably for threads) that you should be able to extend to rate users/profiles.

navigation is the navigation template that controls the navigation. navigation.css is the CSS for the navigation template and navigation_visitor_tab is the visitor area of the navigation (the drop-down of your user etc).

Thanks guys, I'll look into it right now.

James, 1.1 - where can I download this add-on from?

Are any of the add-ons I require on this site?

I've seen them all in use on another forum site.... so they must be available, can someone point them out to me please?

Thanks guys, I'll look into it right now.

James, 1.1 - where can I download this add-on from?

Are any of the add-ons I require on this site?

I've seen them all in use on another forum site.... so they must be available, can someone point them out to me please?
1.1 is the next version of XenForo that everyone's looking forward to and pulling their hair out for. You can't download it until it's released.

Brogan - No, cos I dont want them thinking i'm copying them.

I can pm you the link, then u can check it out and see if the features seem familiar to you?

I doubt they will be custom add-ons made by them.

Top Bottom