rainbowkiwi.com - Multi-Game Gaming Community

How many stars would you give my community?

• 1 (Horrible)

• 2 (Not bad)

• 3 (Average)

• 4 (Pretty good)

• 5 (Amazing)

Results are only viewable after voting.

EliteDuck

Hello all,

I am looking for feedback on my community which has been running since early 2013.

URL: http://rainbowkiwi.com

My community focuses on multiple games (Minecraft, Garry's Mod, Planetside 2, GTAO and a few other games).

Custom edits:
  • [OP] tag below a users avatar if they are the original poster (similar to 4chan or reddit).
  • Servers page, showing people currently playing on our Minecraft server (with MC avatars fetched with the mineotar API).
  • Large amount of trophies hooked into the Master Badges addon.
  • Massive amount of emojis (over 250 last time I checked).
  • Wiki with over 160+ pages (details of how our community works and pages for Minecraft content).
  • Personal blogs.
  • Levels and experience similar to Steam thanks to the Master Badges addon.
  • Simplified registration (date of birth, location and gender all removed and email no longer required to be confirmed).
  • Reputation similar to Reddit.
  • If the users name matches a valid minecraft.net account after registration, their avatar will automatically be changed to match their Minecraft skin (thanks to the mineotar API).

Some features in the works:
  • Money icons after a users username signifying that they have donated a certain amount (similar to CSGO Lounge).
  • Web stats for our Minecraft server (blocks mined, kills, deaths). Possibly shown on players profiles as well.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
~Fox

Hi, great job on your site. I rated a four out of five stars for one reason only, the post-bit contains too much user info so for posts with only a couple of lines there is a lot of grey space between them. Have you considered using a horizontal post bit? Or, maybe adding a show/hide link for the extra user info? I think a horizontal post-bit would be they way to go as your members do have the information to fill up any white space going across. This is just my personal taste.

Hi, great job on your site. I rated a four out of five stars for one reason only, the post-bit contains too much user info so for posts with only a couple of lines there is a lot of grey space between them. Have you considered using a horizontal post bit? Or, maybe adding a show/hide link for the extra user info? I think a horizontal post-bit would be they way to go as your members do have the information to fill up any white space going across. This is just my personal taste.
Thanks so much for the feedback. I have been working so hard on the behind the scenes stuff (adding trophies linked into master badge, making template edits and adding help pages) that I completely forgot about making the site user friendly.

I was about to say the same thing. Lots of wasted space on thread view. Otherwise looks good.

Top Bottom