QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
cclaerhout updated QuoteME ! with a new update entry:

Version 2.1.0 released

Version 2.1.0 released
(Github commit)

• Fix quote information on mobile devices
    Reason: they were related to the click event where was the quoteme box. But on mobile devices the quoteme box is at the bottom of the screen to make it easier for users to click. So the quote data are not not related to its position. Solution: use the lasttouch recorded event.
  • Since the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How do I update JS number and where? I'm on iOS...

@Edit Okay empty browser cache did it.

Thanks for the quick fix!

@cclaerhout do you think that you will continue this in some form?
  • This addon integration has not a lot of dependencies with XenForo
  • This addon is quite mature (the previous updates were minor ones)
  • This addon in its beginning didn't have a trigger mode (after click) and behaved like XenForo new feature (click on a message =>popup). I didn't like this on my own addon, so I still don't like it on XenForo
  • This addon trigger mode has been integrated with TinyMCE Quattro & the Go To Top addon
  • I don't see how can be useful to reorder my own quotes (even if the XenForo layout is well designed) ; I never felt I needed this during last years.
To sum up: a mature product that requires almost no support, with a CC license & its own features, and that has been integrated inside some of my other addons... Well it costs me nothing to continue.

The only thing that I might change on this addon will be to automatically disable the XenForo feature if this addon is enabled. But since it can be manually done inside the options, I don't think it's really useful. The biggest modifications that would need to be done will be inside the TinyMCE Quattro addon to adapt the XenForo feature to deal with the text insertion on TinyMCE instead of XenForo Redactor.

Last edited:
@cclaerhout to be honest I've done a test upgrade of XenForo and the quote worked with TinyMCE. But the one thing I really like about your addon, is the fact that i can disable the pop-up when I just want to select the text (y).

I have problems installing this addon, my xenforo version is 1.3.0 and I'm getting this message when trying to install it:

Callback Sedo_QuoteME_Listener_MiscListeners::extendViewPublicPostQuote is invalid (Invalid Class).

Can You help?

I have problems installing this addon, my xenforo version is 1.3.0 and I'm getting this message when trying to install it:

Callback Sedo_QuoteME_Listener_MiscListeners::extendViewPublicPostQuote is invalid (Invalid Class).

Can You help?
Be sure to have uploaded files.

I've looked at installing this add-on but am now waiting until XF1.4 is released in order to gain the quote me functionality. Can you please explain to me why I may want to use your add-on rather than the quote me feature within XF1.4. thanks.
See 7 posts above. Now if you don't see any difference for your needs, keep the stock quoteme function. I'm sure it would be ok for most of admins and users.

Top Bottom