QuoteME !

QuoteME ! 2.1.1

No permission to download
This post is the following of post 278.

A workaround has been found to avoid problems with Redactor & the touchstart event on mobile touch devices.
  1. The touchstart event is not use anymore to manage the return after a click on the quoteME box, a workaround has been found to use the standard click event
  2. The function binded on the touchstart event will only be enable once the Fast Quotes link is activated. It will be unbinded once the Fast Quotes link is switch off
  3. This function will also be unbinded when Redactor is focused and will be rebinded when Redactor is blured (providing the Fast Quotes are still activated)
The Javascript (Rev.A) code has been updated on Github. I will publish a release here in a few minutes.

No time to release it now, it seems everything works (tested on Redactor & Quattro). See Github if you need to test it. I will release it tonight. I need to go.

cclaerhout updated QuoteME ! with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.2 released

Version 2.0.2 released

To make it simple, if you have the version 2.x.x of this addon, you're using Redactor and didn't disable the support on mobile devices, you must do this update (reason). To fix this problem here are the modifications done by this release:
  1. The touchstart event is not use anymore to manage the return after a click is done on the quoteME box: a workaround...

Read the rest of this update entry...

It is actually a good idea to offer the option to remove Xenforo's default "reply" behavior of copying all of the replied-to text into the box. I always thought that was a bit odd.

Ok, so now with the new version on desktop, it quote me box only shows up inside the actual reply box where you type. Previously, it would always popup right next to the highlighted text that you wanted to quote. I have tried all three methods and can't get it to default from this new behavior.

Ok, so now with the new version on desktop, it quote me box only shows up inside the actual reply box where you type. Previously, it would always popup right next to the highlighted text that you wanted to quote. I have tried all three methods and can't get it to default from this new behavior.
This part of the code hasn't changed. I can't reproduce the problem as well.
Tested with IE9, FF, Chrome with Redactor & Quattro + (for each) Direct /After click activation.

This part of the code hasn't changed. I can't reproduce the problem as well.
Tested with IE9, FF, Chrome with Redactor & Quattro + (for each) Direct /After click activation.
I got it working with Fixed positioning. It was a glitch and didn't save the selection in my ACP. Both versions of Absolute were causing that problem.

I think I did find a bug though: When selecting text and the Quote Me button pops up, then you unselect said text, sometimes the Quote Me button is staying on the screen:

CapturFiles.webp

In this example I scrolled up after unselecting the text.

In this example I scrolled up after unselecting the text.
It's because I needed to check the parent container for the touch version. You need to click on the post message zone to make it disappear at the moment. It has been fixed on my local installation. I've also added a few things (safe) to this version. I will release it today or tomorrow.

@cclaerhout In 2.0.1 you add disable default quotes method, but forgot add template modification, which cut quote tag in the link of reply button.
By default - if right click on reply button and open in new tab/window will open full reply window with quote, but if template modification is present and cut quote tag in link - quote will not be pasted.
Code:
    <modification template="post" modification_key="quoteme_disable_default_quotes" description="Strip quote parameter in edit link" execution_order="10" enabled="1" action="str_replace">
      <find><![CDATA[<a href="{xen:link threads/reply, $thread, 'quote={$post.post_id}'}" data-postUrl="{xen:link posts/quote, $post}" class="ReplyQuote item control reply" title="{xen:phrase reply_quoting_this_message}"><span></span>{xen:phrase reply}</a>]]></find>
      <replace><![CDATA[<a href="<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.quoteme_disable_default_quotes}">{xen:link threads/reply, $thread}<xen:else />{xen:link threads/reply, $thread, 'quote={$post.post_id}'}</xen:if>" data-postUrl="{xen:link posts/quote, $post}" class="ReplyQuote item control reply" title="{xen:phrase reply_quoting_this_message}"><span></span>{xen:phrase reply}</a>]]></replace>
    </modification>

Yes, i still have it. I've tested it on my custom style and on default style. do you need anything from me to fix it?

Other suggestion:
Is it possible to add an option that quotes aren't expandable, so they are always full size with all quote text visible?

@Kartus

I've tried and it's working for me. May be there's a misunderstanding.
  • This phrase will only be stripped from the quotes, it doesn't modify the XenForo Quote Bb Code and don't plan to do it at all.
  • This phrase will only be stripped from the quotes IF one of the "html text" mode has been selected. Why this ? Because it's easier to get the phrase and its translations from the view (when the html mode is selected, there's a ajax callback so the text selected range is going through php and from there the XenForo phrase object can be accessed to get the phrase in context).

I'm testing this add on out, and do not understand how to have the feature on activated all the tie. As it stands, In order to use the feature, I have to click the link each time I enter a forum . . .

QuoteMe.webp

@cclaerhout yes that did it. I had read the description of that toggle severa; times but just wasn't thinking that's what it meant. I should just flipped the switch to find oout but I have screwed my forum up enough times that I don't like flipping switches unless I'm pretty sure I know what it does. Thanks!

Top Bottom