Add-on Quiz Plugin

Yes really :)
Great :)

The following are original vb Quiz add-on threads:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83130
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80780

I used this add-on alot. Similar functionality would be a great!

• Forum Features
    • View All Open Quiz's - Name/End Date/Take Quiz/View Stats
    • Confirmation Take Quiz Page (Also displays information on quiz time limit (if any)
    • Take Quiz Page - Shows all answer type formats + timer in window status bar (if time limit activated)
    • View stats shows all users who have participated in the quiz and an average score.
    • View user stats for a quiz, showing what a user answered for each question, and their overall score (user must have already taken part to view)
    • After taking part in a quiz, the results are PM'ed to you automatically giving all the details, scores and overall score.

• Admin Features
    • Add/Edit/Delete A Quiz
      • Quiz Name
      • Quiz State (Open/Closed)
      • Usergroups Which Can Participate In This Quiz (Easy Selection System)
      • Usergroups Which Can View User Results In This Quiz (Easy Selection System)
      • Auto Close Quiz Option (Yes/No)
      • Quiz End Date (Only applies if auto close is set to Yes) [Day/Month/Year]
      • Quiz Time Limit (Specify a number of minutes a user has to complete the quiz - or 0 to disable the time limit)
      • Allow users who have finished the quiz to view the correct answers (Yes/No)
    • Add/Edit/Delete A Quiz Question
      • Select which quiz the question is for
      • Input Question
      • Answer Format Type
        • Single-Line Text Box
        • Answer (none-case sensitive)
        • Single-Selection Radio Buttons
        • Input all selectable answers
        • Answer (none-case sensitive)
        • Multiple-Selection Checkbox
        • Input all selectable answers
        • Input all correct answers
    • New Design ACP Confirmation Page
      • System Message
      • Available Actions (Shows several links to make administration faster for the quiz)

Permission to Create Quiz and where applicable to manually Mark Quiz.
Phrasing on Grades.
Permission to View - admin set to usergroup access.
Editor sets status of Quiz to Draft (visible to admin/ mods/ editor) or Public (visible to members or all visitors depending on site accessibility set by admin).

I think there are these types of quiz, all of which are of interest to me.

1. Social / informal quiz. This functions automatically.
It has 2 types of results based on multiple choice questions (textbox ticks)
1A. Fun Info. Radio buttons/ tickboxes. Edit with post editor eg upload pics.
Simple feedback out of 10, or however many questions there are, result displayed as percentage.
Answers to the questions you didn't get correct are displayed
either on the result page or click to look if you want - popup?
1B. Personality. User answers multiple choice questions , and the answers are weighted so the result calculates. I've done this manually in documents, and on static html pages. Processed by showing the total result-
1-10 Type X + description 11- 20 Type Y + description 21 -30 Type Z + description.
User adds up score themselves, selects the Type that fits. A simple online version offers the score categories, user selects the right one, sees the result description with appropriate graphic perhaps.
Much nicer is if software adds up the result for you from the weighted options. Quiz creators have to select the number of weightings required, and put them in a hierarchy - see Quizilla site. Still needs page for each Type result, with post editor to e.g. upload or link picture.

2. Education & Training. Some automatic, some mixed, some completely manually marked.
2A. Simple Info. (Similar to Fun Info 1A) radio buttons/ tickboxes. Edit by post editor eg pics, links.
Simple feedback out of 10, or however many questions there are, result displayed as percentage.
Editor setting: Answers to the questions you didn't get correct are displayed
either on the result page or click to look if you want - popup?
2B. Manual Marking. Textbox, or textarea questions.
Editor completes the marking manually assigns points to them out of the points allowed for that question/ optionally adds comment in textarea. Final result grade is computed, final overall comment.
2B. Mixed Marking. Some questions are like Simple Info radio buttons/ tickboxes.
Some are textbox, or textarea and these need manual marking.
The radio button and tickbox parts are processed automatically, then held on file for the editor.
Editor then completes the marking manually on the textbox, or textarea questions, assigns points to them/ optionally adds comment in textarea. Final result grade is computed.

OPTIONS
Access permisssion per usergroup.
Editor permission per usergroup/ per user.
Editor option to be notified of user completion of quiz. Editor can view list of members who have completed. If training quiz this might be a usergroup list showing who has/ has not completed. Option to send reminder to the nots.
Option to see results list on page viewable by editor/ by users who have access to the quiz.
Option for results list to show just numbers who have done it, or usernames.
Editor option to create info page as guide, or to provide info to learn for quiz. Good for training quiz, link to quiz page.

If you really wanted to push the limits then make an option for quizzes to be adaptive. :D

Hi everyone,

Sorry that i haven't really kept anyone updated with the quiz add-on progress. I've been really busy with school work but i'm working on the add-on. I've seen people's suggestions (like @Morgain and @Veer ). I do apologize that i haven't shown any screenshots or anything on the add-on yet but I'm planning on getting some screenshots ready soon for everyone that is interested in this add-on.

If anyone else has any more feature(s) requests please reply to this thread or send me a pm and I will try my best to add all your requests.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks for letting us know @Kirk :)

Im always here to help in any form like ideas, testing etc.

Looking forward to it (y)

@Kirk could you bear in mind that I need this for a site where I can't upgrade to 1.2
I have a big addon on that site, now unsupported, which I'm terrified of disrupting - until I can get support for it or learn more php myself I cant risk upgrading.

@Kirk could you bear in mind that I need this for a site where I can't upgrade to 1.2
I have a big addon on that site, now unsupported, which I'm terrified of disrupting - until I can get support for it or learn more php myself I cant risk upgrading.
@Morgain ill make sure that it will work with previous xenforo versions to suit your needs :) . I'm in my final week of school then i will be fully done and i will have a lot more time to dedicate to this project. Again for everyone that is waiting for this plugin to be done i'm really sorry for keeping you guys waiting.

@Morgain ill make sure that it will work with previous xenforo versions to suit your needs :) . I'm in my final week of school then i will be fully done and i will have a lot more time to dedicate to this project. Again for everyone that is waiting for this plugin to be done i'm really sorry for keeping you guys waiting.
I am now officially done my full time web development program:LOL::D. Time to get busy coding this high demanding add-on:coffee:.

Edit: meant to say Now instead of Not. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

I would really love this.

It would b nice if your score could be shared across social media. With a CTA for others to try.

I would love to have it tied into BD Banking. So a member and receive points for getting a correct answer. Then they have the option to take the points and run or go to the next question. If they take the next question and get it wrong then they don't get anything. Having the option to make this available weekly would be nice. I'm on a forum that has this. It comes up once a week. On that one you can do three levels of questions I think.

James

Top Bottom