Quick Thread by AddonsLab

Quick Thread by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.10.2

No permission to buy ($24.99)
AddonsLab updated Quick Thread by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Widget framework and custom template location support

This version introduces support for Widget Framework and direct template modification to embed the quick thread widget. The update targets the cases when the customer builds a custom "home page" with widgets or custom template and wants Quick Thread form there, which, however, would not work as variables needed for the form to render would be missing. In this version, the variables required will be available in all XenForo templates. The same time, the variables will be generated and stored...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Bug-fix: Similar Threads not showing

The version fixes the support for Similar Threads add-on which was broken since the last update.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Feel free to suggest further enhancements for the add-on or report any issues you have and they will be addressed asap.

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

I went to purchase this but noticed the addition of a $10 setup fee in the shopping cart that I could not remove. I don't need installation or set up service, I can do it myself if that's what this is for. If not, what is the setup fee for? @AddonsLab

Thanks!
Ray

Last edited:

Usability improvement - no forum selected by default

In this version, we have modified the behavior of the product not to select any of the available forums by default when a thread prompt is associated with multiple forums on the home page. As a result, users have to select one of the forums before submitting the thread. This way admins will avoid having unrelated threads being posted in a forum if users and don't change the forum and automatically submit the thread to the first forum in the list.

The new version is available for all...

Bug-fix: prevent an error logged in browser's console when the target forum is changed

A bug-fix version preventing an error logged in browser's console when the target forum is changed.

Thank you!

I've visited your demo site here: https://addonslab.com/forums/test-forum.3/ , but I connot see any editor as in your screenshot.

However, I have some more questions. Can I move the editor on top of the thread list only for some forums? @AddonsLab

The product was disabled there accidentally, we have enabled it now and you can test it.

Each thread prompt can be created to appear only on top of some forums or at home page. It will not appear in any other location:

Just let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you!

Bug-fix: Message please choose destination forum when there is no forum selector

A bug-fix version preventing error "Please choose destination forum" when the quick thread is used in a forum.

Thank you!

When selecting a forum to post the thread in, the forum selector displays forums for which the user has no posting permissions and cannot post the thread to. This seems to be a bug.

Please do not display forums that cannot be used as the thread location.

When selecting a forum to post the thread in, the forum selector displays forums for which the user has no posting permissions and cannot post the thread to. This seems to be a bug.

Thank you for the report. We will check the issue and release the fix asap.

We have verified that forums shown in the list follow standard user permissions. Please check if you are running the latest version of the product. If the issue persists please contact us to troubleshoot the issue further.

Thank you!

Top Bottom