Fixed  Quick Navigation Menu shows hidden Forums

Vincent

When I unselect "Display in the node list" with a forum, people mostly do this because they want noone to know the links to that forum (yet).

Now, in the quicknav menu these forums are showed.

Is this meant to be or is this a bug?

I've just spent the last ten minutes writing code to fix this, only to find that I didn't actually have the problem in the first place. Please try doing the following for me:
  1. Set all forums to display in the node list.
  2. Refresh a front-end page, and open the quick nav menu. All nodes should be shown.
  3. Set one forum (preferably one with some children) to be hidden in the list and save it.
  4. Refresh a front-end page and open the quick nav menu. The node / forum you specified and all its children should be hidden.
Can you confirm that this is what you see?

I've just spent the last ten minutes writing code to fix this, only to find that I didn't actually have the problem in the first place. Please try doing the following for me:
  1. Set all forums to display in the node list.
  2. Refresh a front-end page, and open the quick nav menu. All nodes should be shown.
  3. Set one forum (preferably one with some children) to be hidden in the list and save it.
  4. Refresh a front-end page and open the quick nav menu. The node / forum you specified and all its children should be hidden.
Can you confirm that this is what you see?
I can.

I unchecked "Display in the node list" and it was removed from the forums (not visible), but was still available in the quick nav.

I managed to disable viewing of a category before my WiFi kicked me off and the category isn't visible in the quick nav but the child forums are. I'll experiment more tomorrow

Top Bottom