questions on the development of addons

GoVegan

Hello,

I have some questions before i finally buy XenForo.

The first one is, is it possible to write an add on, that sets the forum language to English, if you visit the page from en.example.com and to German if you visit the page from de.example.com etc?

And maybe to show different nodes/forums/threads ? (Not really needed, just to know if it is possible)

Important is, that it points to a single installation / database.

The second (and most important) question is, how easy can I create a addon, that uses routing and dynamic content and so on? I can write the page on "normal" PHP, but I didn't wrote an addon for a CMS/Forum before.. the sub domains en.example.com / de.example.com / etc are important for this page too. Are there any guides, which will help me?

Third question is, do you think I should buy XenForo now or wait until 1.1 release? Will there be mayor changes in the system for my project?

Maybe I have some more questions later ;)

Thx for the answers and I'm sorry for my bad English :S

Best regards,
GoVegan

Several members have already explored having different landing pages/forums based on domain.
Perhaps one of them will respond as to how successful they were in achieving it.

I should point out though that you will require an additional license for each domain if you do this.

Can multiple domains or subdomains be used with a single license?
Yes, as long as the domains or subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations.​

The development forum will help with writing add-ons: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/development-tutorials-and-resources.33/

1.1 is a major update from 1.0 in terms of features and certain functionality.
It's up to you whether you start with 1.0.4 and upgrade to 1.1 when it is available, or wait for 1.1 to be released.

Third question is, do you think I should buy XenForo now or wait until 1.1 release?
If you are eager to launch your site ASAP, then I'd buy today, knowing you can tinker around on the weekend.
Otherwise, I am sure there are lots of things you could do with respect to organizing the upcoming content of your site.
My suggestion: wait a week.

Top Bottom