Greetings Xenforo. My name is Cal. I represent a company right now that is being contracted to start, build, and administrate a forum for a news channel. As vague as that sounds I am not able to say more due to my contract. I am considering using Xenforo because right now it seems like the best software around. I see that Vbulletin's community as all but died out, and IPB is barely doing any better. So I have some questions here that I need answered and I'm hoping your staff can answer for me.
- How does this board function with high loads of traffic and is it server resource heavy?
- How is it's security? Once I have my project up I expect the threat of hacking to grow.
- Are there add on's being developed like Vbulletin's community once was? Is there any expansion coming from the community?
- I've searched around the web and I cannot find much on themes. Most of them appear to be very narrow. Are there any good themers? I am looking to gather estimates if anyone knows anyone that does good custom work under a short time table. If not is there anything coming out of the community? Design and theme width are my two largest issues right now.
- Is there any support and/or themes to support mobile users? Tappatalk perhaps or something more in house?
- Are there any other large board administrators here that I could contact for opinion on experience with the software and how their boards have utilized it?
- Does your license allow more than one login to the community? My business partner runs and owns the server...and he will be the one buying the software. However I am the administrator who deals with installation and the rest of the tech stuff. To access the plugin areas and theme areas of the community would I be able to get access on my account, or would I have to share his login to this site?