Question Threads

Question Threads 2.1.2

No permission to download
My bad... this was my mistake.

I misjudged the role of New Threads widgets as similar to New Posts.

Sorry for wasting some of your time @CMTV

I was getting ready to upgrade, then i saw this warning:

• This add-on contains the following files which have unexpected contents: src/addons/QuestionThreads/_data/templates.xml.
It does not clarify anything more, so I did not upgrade.

Thanks

This add-on contains the following files which have unexpected contents: src/addons/QuestionThreads/_data/templates.xml.

That's a generall XenForo error that tells you that the file you uploaded has been damaged in some way. It is likely that the upload to your server has either been interrupted and the old version of the file is still on your server or that the file you've uploaded has been broken. A reupload should fix this in either of those two cases. Make sure your FTP client reports all files as transmitted successfully.

That's a generall XenForo error that tells you that the file you uploaded has been damaged in some way. It is likely that the upload to your server has either been interrupted and the old version of the file is still on your server or that the file you've uploaded has been broken. A reupload should fix this in either of those two cases. Make sure your FTP client reports all files as transmitted successfully.

you are right, I did not think about it until you brought it up, then I realized that FTP did stall, then disconnected, when I got the connection back, then I just assumed it picked up where it left off, obviously it did not, reuploaded, and upgraded without a hitch, thanks.

@CMTV

i am getting this error

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'QT_best_answer_id' doesn't have a default value in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 78
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 161
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1389
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1121
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php at line 285
  8. XF\Service\Thread\Creator->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
  9. XF\Service\Thread\Creator->save() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 714
  10. XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1889
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  15. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Could this add-on be sending duplicate notifications?

And it does not work well with Dark themes...

screenshot_20180602-004219-png.303161

Last edited:
"Mark own post in question as best answer" did not work. Users in the group still can vote on their own posts as best answer although I set that with NO or Never.

Trying to upgrade from version 1.2.4.

Removed the three folders.
Uploaded the new files
Refreshed the addon page in /admin.php
Receive the statement version mismatch
There is no option to rebuild in the pull down or to upgrade

Do you have any suggestions?

QuestionThreads.webp

Cannot post to any forum:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1364]: Field 'questionthreads_best_post' doesn't have a default value in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 160
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1389
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1121
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Service/Thread/Creator.php at line 285
  8. XF\Service\Thread\Creator->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
  9. XF\Service\Thread\Creator->save() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 734
  10. XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionPostThread() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  13. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
  14. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  15. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13
Uninstalled and still same error on every node. Reinstalled and same error. Rebuilt data. Same error. I’m noticing similar posts without an answer. I’ve deleted all the files on the server. What’s the fix now that the no one can post?

To get rid of the error, I removed the 2.x version files and reuploaded 1.2.4 files. Installed 1.2.4 in the Addon area and can post to the forums.

As soon as I click on uninstall 1.2.4 then the MySQL errors result.

Hello,

Is this error from your addon?

Server error log
  • ErrorException: Template error: Method canViewResources is not callable on the given object (QuestionThreads\XF\Entity\User)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:936
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Sep 26, 2018 at 9:40 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method canViewR...', '/home/myforum/...', 936, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(936): trigger_error('Method canViewR...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(335): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(QuestionThreads\XF\Entity\User), 'canViewResource...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(5768): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), 'forums', Array)
#4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(475): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), 'forums', Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(428): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, 'forums')
#6 src/XF/App.php(1766): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(310): XF\App->renderPage('\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\t\n...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(51) "/threads/examples-of-multiple-tab-post.154053/"
["referrer"] => string(37) "https://example.com/forums/56-myforumtitle/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Thank you for that addon.

Some thoughts while install is running

1. What is if more than one posts/answers answer the question. We maybe should mark them all, right?
2. To show the best ones, we can put them to the top, but we may let them at the original position also?
(Problem is: Do we have real answers or a discussion? Only answers can be moved however; but a discussion should stay like it is written)

I think the best idea is maybe: make copy of the x best answers and put them to the top of the thread (bring the date down to an earlier time) and maybe change them or bring them together?

3. Who decides which answers are the best? Here we have only yes/no from the owner, right?
In the themehouse addon users can vote and bring the best answers up.

Top Bottom