Question Threads

Question Threads 2.1.2

No permission to download
CMTV updated Question Threads with a new update entry:

Bug fixes 2.0.2

Fixed bugs
  • Question and best answer marks are displaying correctly in tags search pages
  • Users with zero best answers will not appear in "Most best answers" list (@katsulynx)
  • Fixed some bugs with threads merging (@Recep Baltaş)
Now you can't merge two questions with best answers.

Question Threads properties are fully depend on target thread. The result of merging a solved question with best answer to a simple thread will be a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After the last update, server load went mad. IDK, this maybe caused by an attack. But after disabling the addon to test this situation, I have tons of errors in the admin panel:

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'QT_question' on XF:Thread[538351] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:182

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(100): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('QT_question')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s1/public/post_macros.php(49): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('QT_question')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(661): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s1/public/thread_view.php(586): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1248): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(ThemeHouse\UIX\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(1891): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(47) "/sosyal/konu/3000-tl-oyun-odakli-sistem.538351/"
  ["referrer"] => string(63) "https://www.technopat.net/sosyal/etkinlik-akisi/mesajlar/32355/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Reactions: nap
This is because "Go to best answer" button. The addon is disabled but you are trying to access it's fields and get an error. No problem with addon itself I guess.

The button is also disabled with the add-on. You should add the button as a feature BTW. And could you please provide your PayPal mail so that I can donate.

Go to best answer does not work on merged threads.
Here is a working code but it will require page reloading. This is the only way to 100% go to best answer which sometimes can be on other question pages.
HTML:
<xf:if is="{{ $post.isFirstPost() && $thread.QT_question && $thread.QT_best_answer_id }}">
    <a href="{{ link('threads/bestAnswer', $thread) }}" clas="actionBar-action">Go to best answer!</a>
</xf:if>

The button is also disabled with the add-on.
It is disabled because the if statement equals to false so it is simply not showing but still it is trying to access properties of disabled addon resulting in error.

You should add the button as a feature BTW
Maybe in the future version.

provide your PayPal mail
Here it is: newpetya@inbox.ru

@Recep Baltaş you can switch back to 7.2 again. Here is a code for button that will not cause problems with disabled addon:
HTML:
<xf:if is="$xf.addOns.QuestionThreads">
    <xf:if is="{{ $post.isFirstPost() && $thread.QT_question && $thread.QT_best_answer_id }}">
        <a href="{{ link('threads/bestAnswer', $thread) }}" clas="actionBar-action">Go to best answer!</a>

Donated $10. Thanks!
You are the most active and questioning person on this forum and get tons of error with many addon.

It good to see a person like you, who help dev to make code more better and take addon towards excellence.

I see you all posts, and it really help other to get better performing addons without getting issues.

Good to see you at forum.

After installing 2.01 last friday, I got a lot of errors on my forum, people had a difficult time to post posts etc..

I had to remove the addon to get my forum to work normally, but still get server errors..
I did a new install today with the new update, it seems like it works fine now. but hoped this server error would be gone, but it isn't. please advice ?

Code:
Less_Exception_Parser: Expected 'parseConditions' got '=' in anonymous-file-0.less src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php:2793
Gegenereerd Door: Onbekend Account 3 apr 2018 om 13:06
Stack Trace
#0 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(929): Less_Parser->Error('Expected 'parse...')
#1 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(1876): Less_Parser->expect('parseConditions', 'expected condit...')
#2 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(1853): Less_Parser->parseSelector(true)
#3 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(1969): Less_Parser->parseLessSelector()
#4 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(858): Less_Parser->parseRuleset()
#5 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(1009): Less_Parser->MatchFuncs(Array)
#6 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(1936): Less_Parser->parsePrimary()
#7 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(1991): Less_Parser->parseBlock()
#8 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(858): Less_Parser->parseRuleset()
#9 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(1009): Less_Parser->MatchFuncs(Array)
#10 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(674): Less_Parser->parsePrimary()
#11 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(621): Less_Parser->GetRules(NULL)
#12 src/vendor/oyejorge/less.php/lib/Less/Parser.php(449): Less_Parser->_parse()
#13 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(330): Less_Parser->parse('// Note that th...')
#14 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(311): XF\CssRenderer->renderToCss('public:question...', '// Note that th...')
#15 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(235): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplate('public:question...', NULL)
#16 src/XF/CssRenderer.php(101): XF\CssRenderer->renderTemplates(Array, Array, Array)
#17 src/XF/CssWriter.php(53): XF\CssRenderer->render(Array)
#18 css.php(30): XF\CssWriter->run(Array, 10, 2, 'a1c7e58726c452a...')
#19 {main}
Aanvraagstatus
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(489) "/xbuks/css.php?css=public%3AXenKonuAvatar.less%2Cpublic%3Aalnb_navigation.less%2Cpublic%3Aandy_headerthumbs.less%2Cpublic%3Aandy_similarthreads.less%2Cpublic%3Aattachments.less%2Cpublic%3Abb_code.less%2Cpublic%3Amessage.less%2Cpublic%3Anotices.less%2Cpublic%3Aquestionthreads.less%2Cpublic%3Ashare_controls.less%2Cpublic%3Axenmax_hidelink_bb_code_tag_url.less%2Cpublic%3Axr_who_read_the_discussion.less%2Cpublic%3Aextra.less&s=10&l=2&d=1517559697&k=a1c7e58726c452a7a6bf72b79aa378de17ae78d2"
  ["referrer"] => string(78) "https://www.buksforum.nl/xbuks/threads/betaalbare-compressor-verkrijgbaar.615/"
  ["_GET"] => array(5) {
    ["css"] => string(355) "public:XenKonuAvatar.less,public:alnb_navigation.less,public:andy_headerthumbs.less,public:andy_similarthreads.less,public:attachments.less,public:bb_code.less,public:message.less,public:notices.less,public:questionthreads.less,public:share_controls.less,public:xenmax_hidelink_bb_code_tag_url.less,public:xr_who_read_the_discussion.less,public:extra.less"
    ["s"] => string(2) "10"
    ["l"] => string(1) "2"
    ["d"] => string(10) "1517559697"
    ["k"] => string(40) "a1c7e58726c452a7a6bf72b79aa378de17ae78d2"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
@CMTV

Hi...

1. just found out a thread which is marked for best answer from a Question Forum always stays on top in the XF New threads widget. Meaning even if there are so many new posts in other threads the thread which is marked for best answer occupies the top spot..
@CMTV hi.. Were you able to find this bug?

In the latest thread widgets... the Q & A thread occupies the top position even though other threads have been updated.

@3rd AnGle the addon was rewritten from scratch and I don't see any problems with "New threads" widget right now so it is "fixed" I guess.

@nap Try to rebuild addon data. It says there is a less parser error in (probably) questionthreads.less file.

Reactions: nap
ahh.. nope. The Latest thread widget is still messed up.

Screenshot.. check the timestamp of the 2nd thread compared to the first

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 6.33.40 PM.webp

Top Bottom