Question Threads

Question Threads 2.1.2

No permission to download

CMTV

CMTV submitted a new resource:

Question Threads - Create questions and mark best answers

View attachment 160361
With this plugin users will be able to create questions. They are just like normal threads but have some useful features.

Features
  • Users can create questions
  • Specific forums can be marked as "questions only"
  • "Questions only" forums have a different node icon, some texts are changed
  • Question author or another user with permission can mark questions as solved
  • Each question can have the...

Read more about this resource...

Can it send email notifications as well?
Great! also interested in the question about notifications in the mail?
Of course! This is critically important feature and I will do my best to add it tomorrow.
I do hope xF2 has a useful and handy email system...

In the future do you plan on putting something that recognizes best answers, like profile post showing number of x selected for best answer or list of best answers?
The number of best answers for current user is an important value showing how "cool" and "helpful" this user is. I am planning to add best answer counter in user profile page (where messages/likes/trophy points are located). Moreover I want to add a special tab "Best answers" in user profile so anyone can see user best answers. Finally, it is important to add best answers amount to trophy system so it would be possible to create custom trophies.

Of course! This is critically important feature and I will do my best to add it tomorrow.
I do hope xF2 has a useful and handy email system...
Compared to XF1 it has significantly improved, at least working with email templates shouldn't be that hard as it was before.

This looks great!

Would you consider adding ability to set Is question on/off by default at the node level? For example, I could specify that a specific forum is for questions, and then all threads started there would have this option checked by default, or perhaps it could even be forced (optionally). If the user unchecks it, they could receive a message like "This is a question forum, if you would like to post something other than a question please go here _____".

Just an idea, but I know many of my users don't bother with setting a proper thread prefix when making a new thread, so they may not bother with ticking this box either.

Less work for the mods is always good :cool:

Would you consider adding ability to set Is question on/off by default at the node level?
"Questions only" nodes are already included as an addon feature :)
You can select a checkbox "This forum is for questions only" when creating/editing forum.

What about old threads in the node which set as question only, how to convert all threads in it to this system.

You created beautiful add on.

Thank You

What about old threads in the node which set as question only, how to convert all threads in it to this system.
In closest update (today, tomorrow) converting existing forum to "questions only" will mark all non-question threads as unsolved questions. Then I will add some actions to inline moderation tool so it would be easy to perform actions with multiply questions at once.

If one user mark it as solved by clicking on best answer, another users cant vote for it. unless he marked it as not best answer.
If he mark it as not best answer, the box above thread in right corner wont get change it still keep it as resolved.
one need to click on it too, to change it as resolved.

I given the permission to all to answer it.

Can we have the functionality like
One user can mark one post as best answer
all user can mark any post they feel is best answer
highlight the post which have max count as best answer

Can we insert a link to best answer in first post where it says click here to go to best answer etc.

Thank You

Your addon killed my site by making unusual php-fpm connectios 3000.
What happened
I mark node as question only
Someone did post in that node which was not a question.

I moved that thread to another node.
A red dot and a question remained there in that thread.
After some time my site started to throw 502 and 504 errors.
Website not even opening, out of 5, 4 where errors.

I m just posting it, to tell you about bug and not criticising you. I appreciate your efforts for making this add on.

Please look into it

@Dnyan Deshmukh I am sorry for that situation... It is really strange as there should be no connection between question threads and nodes they are located. You can try rebuilding caches (forums and threads). If this will not help try disabling addon. Will errors disappear?

I just ended up with a new version of addon wich converts all non-question threads to questions if forum was marked as "questions only" (and many other features).
I am going to seriously test this new version now to avoid such problems...

Do you use other addons?

Last edited:
@Dnyan Deshmukh I am sorry for that situation... It is really strange as there should be no connection between question threads and nodes they are located. You can try rebuilding caches (forums and threads). If this will not help try disabling addon. Will errors disappear?

I just ended up with a new version of addon wich converts all non-question threads to questions if forum was marked as "questions only" (and many other features).
I am going to seriously test this new version now to avoid such problems...

Do you use other addons?
i dont know exactly what is the problem, but all problem started after installing this addon and moving one thread to another node.
Do this addon have any connection related to php-fpm (i m not coder so do not understand much in it)

Now i uninstalled the plugin and did php-fpm restart, for sometime my website showing 502 error, now its opening.

Also after installing this addon after moving thread to another node my site load time changed from 3 sec to 25 sec.

I really dont know what to do, so uninstalled this addon.

As xF is still in Beta, now i will not experiment with any addon untill a stable version is released (Also have problem with XFV addon, even after uninstall and removing files from server, i get server error log at every 2 to 3 days)

@Dnyan Deshmukh No I do not use php-fpm directly but xF methods and functions that my addon calls and uses could perform such. Ok. I will try to reproduce this bug and see what I can do to fix it. Excuse me once again and thank you for feedback. Glad that at least uninstalling solved the problem.

Top Bottom