Question: Mark Forums Read

Lawrence

I noticed when you are on the forum home page, and click the Mark All Forums Read, all forums will be marked as read with the exception of those with last post times of "A Moment Ago". Is this by design?

those are messages posted since the last time you loaded the index page, this way you won't miss them by marking all read ;)
awesome stuff from xf

Yup, that's it exactly. (Well, not necessarily the last time you loaded the index. Just since you loaded the page where you clicked on the mark link.)

Yup, that's it exactly. (Well, not necessarily the last time you loaded the index. Just since you loaded the page where you clicked on the mark link.)

It's due to the posts being submitted at the time I pressed the link. It just seemed odd that there were always ones left unmarked, but Brandon_R nailed the reason. I did some testing afterwards and those that had the "A Moment Ago" did get marked as expected.

Me too mean to click what's new and mark everything read :( A dialog would be very useful for this event.

I do not think that's useful. But this link should be displayed on a page where it makes sense. Writing a personal message and have a "mark all forums read" link is not useful, as an example.

Top Bottom