• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Queries

Forgive me for the basic question, I'm still getting to grips with this.

My first problem is that every time I try and install a add on I get this error message,
'The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again' I have a similar problem with uploading images like the background, I think I have inputed the correct path the the images but i keep getting error messages. is this as I need to create a file on my server for the images/add on xml ?

Lycaon

Most add-ons will have a readme with instructions on how to install.

Often the files you need to upload are in a folder called upload. You don't upload that folder itself, you upload all the files and folders inside that folder to your XF root.

borbole

Forgive me for the basic question, I'm still getting to grips with this.

My first problem is that every time I try and install a add on I get this error message,
'The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again' I have a similar problem with uploading images like the background, I think I have inputed the correct path the the images but i keep getting error messages. is this as I need to create a file on my server for the images/add on xml ?
You must make sure to upload the mod files inside properly inside your forum folder maintaining their structure intact.

Thanks for the replies, The xf root file you get when you download the software license right ? its just a friend of mine is running the software on their server and installed it on their computer, so this would explain why I'm struggling ?

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Your forum is installed in the web root so that is your forum root. Inside of that directory is a folder called library. That is where most addons keep their files. For example, the user albums addon has an upload/library folder in the zip file. That corresponds to the library folder on your server. Upload the files to that directory.