Quark

Quark 1.5.22.0

No permission to download
The new online indicator is funky, I like it! I'll see how my community react to it.

Viewport width 100% doesn't work still. Only 2000px works.

The new online indicator is funky, I like it! I'll see how my community react to it.

Viewport width 100% doesn't work still. Only 2000px works.
Hmm I tested this myself. Can you post your uix_logo.css file and or revert it if it's been edited for me please? Sorry for the trouble.

Going mad here....

Getting there with the design however i cannot for the life of me work out how to centre the Logo at the top of the page?? I have moved the Nav bar back to where it usually is (dont want to confuse my members too much all in one go!!), however PLEASE could someone tell me how to do it...

EDIT - dont panic - sorted it. For some reason it didn't work first time around, however tried again and works perfectly :) Now all i have to so is work out how i can lighten the background to the logo bar, and all should be good with the world :)

Last edited:
For the Posbit Avatar Size style property, was it meant to be used for this theme? As changing the value doesn't do anything. I believe because of this css:
Code:
        .messageList .message.sectionMain .avatar img {
            width: 50px;
            height: 50px;
        }

Although anything other than the 50x50 wouldn't look good without also editing the avatarHolder as well.

For the Posbit Avatar Size style property, was it meant to be used for this theme? As changing the value doesn't do anything. I believe because of this css:
Code:
        .messageList .message.sectionMain .avatar img {
            width: 50px;
            height: 50px;
        }

Although anything other than the 50x50 wouldn't look good without also editing the avatarHolder as well.
Yes it is. If you turn off quarks post bit it'll work fine. We will see about making it work with quarks post bit turned on.

The avatar options, by their nature, can often require advanced knowledge so if you have questions please feel free!

oops... Think i broke it.... :(

upload_2014-9-11_15-21-6.webp

And all the text is vertical instead of "normal"....

upload_2014-9-11_15-22-15.webp

Happened after upgrading to 1.40, and then Merging the templates...

Whats the easiest way back? Is there a "factory default" button, or do i need to reinstall (Does it not only on the Child but on the un-altered "quark" master too...

De-installed, Re-installed and things are better...

However for some reason the pics in Postbit are offset too far to the right...
upload_2014-9-11_17-10-34.webp

Any way to fix this (Move avatars to the left) or better, move the Avatars to above the username??

Cheers

Yes it is. If you turn off quarks post bit it'll work fine. We will see about making it work with quarks post bit turned on.
Ah yep, had to enable Classic Postbit to change the avatar size. Making it work with the quarks default would be nice though like you said.

However for some reason the pics in Postbit are offset too far to the right...
I think that's supposed to be part of the style. :P Pretty nice and unique I'd have to say, a bit different than most other themes. If you meant the staff member sign overlapping the avatar, I believe that only happens if staff have a blank user title.

You could adjust the avatar position changing this part of the CSS though (might not be a good idea as it may overlap usernames that are long):
Code:
        .messageList .messageUserBlock div.avatarHolder {
            background-color: transparent;
            position: absolute;
            right: -36px;

}
If you remove the absolute positioning it will also just move above the username.

I always suggest not editing any existing css files other than extra.css or a new one.

No problems Mike - Any chance you could advise how i may fix this then please?? :)
Or maybe just make the column slightly wider to fit the Avatar into the box... ??
Cheers

Fixed it... It was Quarks custom Postbit that caused it - switched that off and normality is resumed... :)

No problems Mike - Any chance you could advise how i may fix this then please?? :)
Or maybe just make the column slightly wider to fit the Avatar into the box... ??
Cheers
Glad you got it, but you can also go to Message Layout style property group and adjust the width of User Info Container (@messageUserInfo).

Anyone know how to change the background colour behind a centered logo at the top please???? Effectively the bit between the profile bar at the top, and the first navigation line ...

Cheers :)

Anyone know how to change the background colour behind a centered logo at the top please???? Effectively the bit between the profile bar at the top, and the first navigation line ...

Cheers :)
Sure, go to UI.X Logo style properties, the first setting on the left.

Attachments

• logo style.webp
    logo style.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 15
Cool - sorted - Finally, any way of changing the Font used in posts? Have had more than a few moans that it's difficult to read posts :( (however headings are fine!), and that it would be easier to read using a "sans serif" font....
Also, How can I change the post font color??? (Needs to be slightly lighter)..

Many thanks :)

EDIT - better than that - have you some kind of guide mike as to what colours in the colout picker change what in the theme? I'm starting to throw together something, however still at a loss on some of them :)

Last edited:
Cool - sorted - Finally, any way of changing the Font used in posts? Have had more than a few moans that it's difficult to read posts :( (however headings are fine!), and that it would be easier to read using a "sans serif" font....
Also, How can I change the post font color??? (Needs to be slightly lighter)..

Many thanks :)

Glad you got it sorted! :)

To change font in the post/message:

Style Properties  Message Layout   Admin CP   Development Demo   Audentio Design.webp

EDIT - better than that - have you some kind of guide mike as to what colours in the colout picker change what in the theme? I'm starting to throw together something, however still at a loss on some of them :)

Honestly, there are a lot of colors doing different things. What I would do is change the color to something obnoxious like hot pink. See what it changes, then change that to what you want it to be. Its the quickest most efficient way I can think of.

I believe XenForo shouldn't use much of a general color palette and should instead just have a few select colors that you know for sure what they do. I suggested this years ago :P

Top Bottom