Resource icon

pyftsubset Single File Binary 1.0.4

No permission to download
Just logged in to the ACP and noticed these errors were reported:

1651843212417.webp

1651843981865.webp

The above notice is still there...

@Kirby could you please advise how to clear this out?

Thank you!

I get this error on install

1651853234230.png

I've now installed it on a test clone, I get the exact same errors but I dind't actually understand what's the pyftsubset path I have to put in the field...
I thought it could be the addon's /bin folder, so I tried this

1651854144307.webp
But this is the result :cautious:

1651854095793.webp

I assume there's anything I can do about this libz.so.1 libraries... 😞

That doesn’t look right. Did you try to install the binary in the XF add-on folder on your server?

No I didn't...
Actually, the installation steps are not clear to me. I see the library it's been turned to an add-on, so I guess the instructions in the overview are obsolete...

Do you have shell access to the server?

I should have, yes. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try this one (y)

Hello there Kirby,
I read that already, but since I see you turned the package into an add-on after that, I thought all these things were not relevant anymore. But anyway I don't have root access to the server (it's a shared hosting), and also I'm not skilled at all with that.

Should I give up on this? If this is the case, I would need the instructions to clear the errors on live site where addons were uninstalled

@El Porcharo did you follow the instructions on the add-on overview page?

Should I give up on this? If this is the case, I would need the instructions to clear the errors on live site where addons were uninstalled
You don't have to give up. All instructions are basically still valid, all the Add-on packaging does is to make things a little bit easier.

In your case you most likely need a wrapper script as explained in the post I linked, that should fix the problem.

You don't need root access for that.

@El Porcharo did you follow the instructions on the add-on overview page?

Yes, I did check the requirements (only the disable_functions thing wasn't very clear for me, since mine is quite different but it's there) but didn't upload anything, as I assume the second part it's just installing the plugin. Isn't it?

In your case you most likely need a wrapper script as explained in the post I linked, that should fix the problem.

I'm afraid I didn't understand what I have to do with that code: is it something I have to "send" via SSH? (hope the Plesk SSH console is fine)

Try to create a text file named pyftsubset.sh with the following content
Bash:
#/bin/bash
export TMPDIR=/var/www/vhosts/site/communityTEST/internal_data/temp
/var/www/vhosts/site/communityTEST/src/addons/Kirby/PyFtSubset/bin/pyftsubset "$@"
, upload it to directory /var/www/vhosts/site/communityTEST/src/addons/Kirby/PyFtSubset/bin in text mode, chmod it executable and change the option to use this wrapper script.

Last edited:
Thank you so much buddy,
I could finally save the FAM settings, so I tried again installing the pending PyFtSubset add-on but I still get this bloody libz.so.1 error 😑

1651870223322.png

Sorry for being so noobish...

Any clue @Kirby?

I'd like to get out of this pending state, whether it would be fixing the problem or uninstalling the plugin and cleaning up the errors...

Top Bottom