Resource icon

pyftsubset Single File Binary 1.0.4

No permission to download

Kirby

Kirby submitted a new resource:

pyftsubset Single File Binary - pyftsubset as a single file binary for Linux X64

This resource is an Add-on for Font Awesome Manager.

If you want o use this file, the server must be running Linux X64 and proc_open must be allowed.
To check thos requirement, go to https://www.yoursite.com/admin.php?tools/phpinfo and check System and disabled_functions

If the requirements are met, upload the file pyftsubset in binary mode and...

Read more about this resource...

I'm so dumb that I can't fill in the correct path in the ACP: I placed the file in the root of my server, the same place as the .htaccess file in a folder named pyftsubset, what is the path ?

i tried /pyftsubset/ or /pyftsubset/pyftsubset or site.com/pyftsubset/pyftsubset :(

Well with pyftsubset/ for the path i get this error
Code:
Command
pyftsubset/ /srv/data/web/vhosts/regionalis.fr/htdocs/styles/fonts/fa/fa-regular-400.woff --unicodes=0020 --drop-tables+=FFTM --output-file=/srv/data/web/vhosts/regionalis.fr/htdocs/internal_data/temp/xfPqmj2y --flavor=woff2

Error Output
sh: 1: exec: pyftsubset/: Permission denied

This is my php info
Capture web_24-2-2022_201559_3725721.admin.sd5.gpaas.net.webp
Capture web_24-2-2022_20157_3725721.admin.sd5.gpaas.net.webp

I uploaded the file in binary mode

I am sorry, but I don't know your full path - it's your server ;)

Check https://www.yoursite.com/admin.php?tools/phpinfo for DOCUMENT_ROOT, this most likely needs to be prepended.

According to your last post the path might be /srv/data/web/vhosts/regionalis.fr/htdocs/pyftsubset (if placed in root).

@Kirby I am getting the following error when I try to save the settings
Code:
/usr/bin/pyftsubset: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted

I have tried making sure the temp is set and reset accordingly. I have also tried moving and chowning the pyftsubset to the PHP user and made sure that it has 755 permissions.

The fontawesome folder also has the correct permissions and tried moving both to 777.

I am at a loss to think why it wont run.

When I run the command that the error states is being used directly in terminal, it seems to complete without error. I suspect this may be down to the fact I am logged in to SSH with a different user. Any guidance here?

@Kirby I am getting the following error when I try to save the settings
Code:
/usr/bin/pyftsubset: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object: Operation not permitted

I have tried making sure the temp is set and reset accordingly. I have also tried moving and chowning the pyftsubset to the PHP user and made sure that it has 755 permissions.

The fontawesome folder also has the correct permissions and tried moving both to 777.

When I run the command that the error states is being used directly in terminal, it seems to complete without error. I suspect this may be down to the fact I am logged in to SSH with a different user. Any guidance here?
Just to close the loop.

I ran some updates on the server including imagemagic and standard yum updates. After doing that it seemed to work.

I suspect this may be down to the fact I am logged in to SSH with a different user. Any guidance here?
One possible cause for this (probably the most likely one) is that /tmp is mounted with noexec in the environment called from your webserver.

If this is the case you would have to explicitly set environment variable TMPDIR to a different directory that is not mounted with noexec when calling pyftsubset.

Depending on the setup there might be multiple ways to do that, for example by using a wrapper script (pyftsubset.sh) like

Code:
#/bin/bash
export TMPDIR=/path/to/tmpdir/not/mounted/noexec
/path/to/pyftsubset/binary "$@"

But as you said you've performed server updates I assume you do have root access?
In this case it is strongly recommended to not use this binary but instead properly install pyftsubset/fonttools systemwide (via yum, apt, pip, etc.).
There is an article by @eva2000 on Centmin Mod Community taht describes the process for CentOS.

Install instructions for Debian-based distributions can be found in FAQ section "How can I install pyftsubset?"

Before answering your question I also didn't know why this would happen.

So my first step was to throw the exact error message @ Google, the first result leaded to a Stack Overflow question for the same error (though in conjunction with docker-compose) and the most upvoted answer gave the explanation why this does happen.

With that information it took only 5 minutes to reproduce and craft a solution :)

Last edited:
Hey Kirby,

When I try to install the addon i get this error;
Code:
The settings for pyftsubset do not seem to be correct or pyftsubset is not installed correctly.

The process has been signaled with signal "11".

Screenshot_1.webp

Code:
The process has been signaled with signal "11".
Ouch! Signal 11 is a segmentation fault, I somewhat fear that I can't help much with that.

Do you have shell access? If so you could try to execute pyftsubset --help to see if that also leads to SIGSEV.
What's your OS exactly?

Seems like I can't profit of your great FA add-ons :(

I got an error while installing this one, so I uninstalled it and I now see this notice:

1651791720780.webp

How can I get rid of it?

Top Bottom