XF 2.2 PWA won't work

crafter2345

1603629775910.webp
Since about 7 days it won't work. I think it works on my mobile, but not on my chrome browser. On this forum here, I see the 1603629825054.webp but not on my page.

Solution
All right. He send me his website from PM. But I will share the solution from here maybe other people will have some problem in future.. Well when I open developer tools I see you don't have manifest. You've set it from admincp but it doesn't added webmanifest to your page so...

open PAGE_CONTAINER template and inside <head> </head> tags add the following code:

Code:
<link rel="manifest" href="/webmanifest.php">

After then wait a bit and clear cache, you are good to go.
Press F12, go to Application tab. There you can see Manifest and check if there is something wrong. Also clearing cache, browser history etc. helps. It happened to me too and that fixed my problem.

All right. He send me his website from PM. But I will share the solution from here maybe other people will have some problem in future.. Well when I open developer tools I see you don't have manifest. You've set it from admincp but it doesn't added webmanifest to your page so...

open PAGE_CONTAINER template and inside <head> </head> tags add the following code:

Code:
<link rel="manifest" href="/webmanifest.php">

After then wait a bit and clear cache, you are good to go.

Solution
If the manifest file isn't showing up in your PAGE_CONTAINER template, that indicates that you have an outdated template (either because you haven't merged the changes when upgrading to 2.2 or, if you have, it hasn't been done properly). Once the necessary PWA configuration is done in the control panel, you shouldn't have to do any other manual changes.

The easiest way to check these things is to open Chrome's dev tools and go to Application > Manifest. That will generally give you information about any errors that may be identified (or indicate it a manifest isn't found, I believe).

Top Bottom