Purchasing XF is not easy process!

dooma

Dear All ,

I contacted the sales team of XF and they told me that they only accept paypal gateway which is not supported by a lot of countries and the alternative way is Bank Transfer which takes time and really I don't like it .

So We want to ask XF team to add 2Checkout or any CC payment gateway which will make purchasing license more easy and more quick .

What's your opinion guys ? , Do you think xf team will add another CC payment gateway or even moneybookers or alertpay ?

Thanks a lot :)

Dear All ,

I contacted the sales team of XF and they told me that they only accept paypal gateway which is not supported by a lot of countries and the alternative way is Bank Transfer which takes time and really I don't like it .

So We want to ask XF team to add 2Checkout or any CC payment gateway which will make purchasing license more easy and more quick .

What's your opinion guys ? , Do you think xf team will add another CC payment gateway or even moneybookers or alertpay ?

Thanks a lot :)
Paypal supports my country, but I think they should be open for all.

Paypal supports my country, but I think they should be open for all.

There's a lot of countries which are not supported by paypal like my country :S , and I want to buy the license so I should go to bank and then transfer money and then wait until the money reaches and then wait until they verify my payment and after all of that . THEY MAY TELL ME THAT THERE'S A PROBLEM , lol :D

There's a lot of countries which are not supported by paypal like my country :S , and I want to buy the license so I should go to bank and then transfer money and then wait until the money reaches and then wait until they verify my payment and after all of that . THEY MAY TELL ME THAT THERE'S A PROBLEM , lol :D
yes, I agree. Thats why I said "they should be open for all" as many other might just scratch their bum and run away from all the hassle that you've been through.

just do it via bank-transfer.

XenForo is worth the time (maybe 1 week of waiting for the bank-transfer ?).

You definitely loose more time messing around with some other software :cautious:

Long time complaint with XenForo is it is hard to purchase. Took me a week of wrangling with PayPal to buy it. Just nutty that any company, much less a small start-up, would put up roadblocks to purchasing their product. They really need to belly up and get a merchant account and take credit cards directly.

Long time complaint with XenForo is it is hard to purchase. Took me a week of wrangling with PayPal to buy it. Just nutty that any company, much less a small start-up, would put up roadblocks to purchasing their product. They really need to belly up and get a merchant account and take credit cards directly.

I strongly hope that happen very soon .

With online banking or telephone banking a direct bank transfer is pretty easy.
It shouldn't take more than 4 days to process and many banks it takes only a few hours.

I had a slight annoyance with buying my licence. It wasn't Xenforo's fault.
Apparently, when i tried to use my debit card, it wanted me to enter my number in on paypal so they could call and verify. Everytime i clicked the button for paypal to call me, it said my number was not valid/had not been activated even though it showed it on my account.

Had to contact paypal and they managed to fix it :) But that annoyance alone almost cost me the desire to buy a licence.

Hopefully you will figure out a way to buy your licence!

It is a consideration. However, it is not going to get attention at this time, important as it may be, as we have other matters to attend, like a release...or 2.

It is worth mentioning that PayPal does take credit card payments directly. However, in some countries PayPal has limited use. We work with those who have issues and it is surmountable with patience and understanding.

It is a consideration. However, it is not going to get attention at this time, important as it may be, as we have other matters to attend, like a release...or 2.

It is worth mentioning that PayPal does take credit card payments directly. However, in some countries PayPal has limited use. We work with those who have issues and it is surmountable with patience and understanding.

Thank you for your answer =)

You'll have to wrestle with PayPal and hope it works. Took over week to get it work from US. I think Biz 101, Page 1 says "Make it easy to buy your product".

Hopefully not for long as Dwolla is looking very promising and cuts out some of the headache's and extra fee's such as paypal for merchants and consumers, definitely one to keep an eye out for and maybe one for xenforo to possibly look into down the line as well.

So We want to ask XF team to add 2Checkout
Better not. They are now just gateway to paypal that charges higher fees. Whenever client purchases something it just shows big "buy with paypal" button and tiny links to purchase with credit card. Also if working with currency other than USD they take extra 10% in currency conversion without notifying anyone. I've dumped them last year because of that.

It is also not very difficult to open a Google Checkout (Wallet) Account which is supported by many more countries compared to PayPal.

But XenForo can choose it's own priorities. I personally prefer if they spend their precious time releasing new versions! Thanks!

The moment they do that they will open themselves up to a world of pain known as PCI compliance (if they take card details directly themselves via any method). You do not want that mess on your hands.

Hopefully not for long as Dwolla is looking very promising and cuts out some of the headache's and extra fee's such as paypal for merchants and consumers, definitely one to keep an eye out for and maybe one for xenforo to possibly look into down the line as well.

If street vendors can take credit cards for fake Rolexes off fold up tables on the corner via their iPhone swipes, so can XenForo. It is beyond quirky or cute that XenForo is limited to PayPal which has likely cost them considerable sales.

Direct credit card is what real businesses do, virtual or brick. For a subscription service like XenForo with yearly renewal, adding in auto-renewal option is a huge money maker. "Hey what's that $40 charge? Oh my XenForo renewal...cool"

But the real issue is barrier to new purchase that PayPal represents.

The needs of the many outway the needs of the few.

I think your best bet is that you purchase it via bank transfer - yes, it might take some time but you've waited 2 years till now to purchase the software, whats another week?

As Jake would say,
More waiting is required.

Top Bottom