Resource icon

Profile Posts with BB Codes 2.0

No permission to download
Hi @AlexT this is throwing an error when using it with the New Profile Posts interaction button on the sidebar in 1.4.

Code:
PHP <div class="baseHtml"><h4>Template Errors: profile_post_view</h4><ol>
    <li><i>BB code parser not specified correctly.</i> in /home/domain/public_html/library/MobileRead/ProfileBbCode/Template/Helper/ProfileBbCode.php, line 15: <pre>14: $messagePosterHtml = '';
15: $messagePosterHtml .= '
16:         &lt;span class=&quot;poster&quot;&gt;
</pre></li>
</ol></div>

{"templateHtml":"<ol class=\"messageSimpleList co

We imported VB already to XF. XF import stripped all our BBCode from all profile posts. Board has been running XF a week or more, so we cannot re-do the import. Do you know of query / script for just re-importing profile posts only?

It does not work ok with XF1.4 - throws some server errors

Edit: and the new feature "New Profile Posts" does not work

I see what I can do. Just got back to XF after a longish break (my forum is still not converted), and I am not even sure I want to have BBCode in profiles any longer. But it shouldn't be too difficult to update the code, so yes, I will look at it.

Thanks @Brogan. I will look into it and
If you don't want to maintain this @AlexT, let me know and I may be willing to take it over or release a new version.
Thanks Brogan. Turned out the changes were rather minimal to make it work with XF 1.2x. I am currently doing some more code refactoring - will attach a test version afterwards.

Alright, attached is the new version (now added to the main resource page) compatibel with XF 1.4. Before I update it on the main resource page, would you like to give it a try? Just have a look around if you see anything off. It should be good, but you know things can happen... ;)

Changelog:
  • minimum supported version: XF 1.4
  • adjustments to properly display in the recent activity and postings member tabs, and also in the forum list sidebar
  • extra controls to enable or disable specific BB codes in lists (forum list sidebar, activity tab) -> go to home->options->profile & status BB code
  • support for built-in user tagging in profile posts and comments
  • media sites (Youtube, etc.) display in full width in profile comments
  • code refactoring

Last edited:
@Veer I don't have 1.3 at hand but it should work as far as I remember the differences between 1.3 and 1.4.
Just installed on a fresh XF 1.3 and it is working without error. Nice!

However, there are few things that I think should be adjusted for good display.

1) User name should be displayed on top. This happen same on Profile page too when embedding a video.

name on top.webp

2) This maybe as designed but I think images, videos and url should not be displayed here

img vids in status.webp

Thanks for testing, @Veer!
1) User name should be displayed on top. This happen same on Profile page too when embedding a video.

This is a styling issue. Basically, except for allowing youtube videos etc. to be displayed in full width in comments, this addon doesn't touch any CSS code of your XF style. It's possible to align the user name to the top with CSS, so I will consider it.

2) This maybe as designed but I think images, videos and url should not be displayed here
Have you looked at the admin settings @ home->options->profile & status bb code? You should make sure that you don't whitelist URL or MEDIA for status messages (nor for lists further down in the settings for that matter).

AlexT updated Profile Posts with BB Codes with a new update entry:

XF 1.4 support

Changelog:
  • supported version: XF 1.4 (XF 1.3 works as well according to user reports)
  • adjustments to properly display in the recent activity and postings member tabs, and also in the forum list sidebar
  • extra controls to enable or disable specific BB codes in lists (forum list sidebar, activity tab) -> go to home->options->profile & status BB code
  • support for built-in user tagging in profile posts and comments
  • media sites (Youtube, etc.) display in full width in profile...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom