Resource icon

Profile Posts with BB Codes 2.0

No permission to download
Thank you for the addon :
When inserting a Media : system display the BBCODE [media] and link within the vidéo :

media.webp

Hi kankan, how was the [media] tag used? If you use the [media] tag, you mustn't include the full YouTube video link, or it would cause the error you've seen (it would cause the same error in a normal post).

Within the [media] tag, you would only include the video identifier.

So for example, if http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1erAmB_dtZ0 is your YouTube video, you would use the [media] tag as such:

[media=youtube]1erAmB_dtZ0[/media]

Or simply put the whole YouTube link in your post and it will autogenerate the proper code for you.

Your add-on ZIP file doesn't seem to load in Windows.

r5PxPuB.png

It works in 7Zip though.

@AlexT How to add full editor to Profile Post?

Hmm, I haven't looked at it yet but I suppose it can be done with a template modifications. I'll see what can be done when I have more time.

In the same way, do you how to add smilies in statusUpdates block ?

As long as it is not a full editor and only the default, you can add smilies by using their letter shortcuts.

Reactions: Cao
As long as it is not a full editor and only the default, you can add smilies by using their letter shortcuts.

At my side, smilies are displaying ok in profile message and member cards, but not in the statusUpdates block.
What do you mean by full editor? I can't see any editor in statusUpdate block.
In threads i am using TinyMCE 4+Quattra by CClearout, might that be the cause i can't see smilies in statusUpdate block ?
Regards

At my side, smilies are displaying ok in profile message and member cards, but not in the statusUpdates block.
What do you mean by full editor? I can't see any editor in statusUpdate block.
Perhaps this from the add-on description is related to what you're seeing:

Q: When I update my status on my profile page, the status under my name doesn't show parsed BB code until I refresh the screen.

A: This is only a cosmetic issue visible to you until you refresh your screen. The updated status line is refreshed through Javascript (quick_reply_profile.js) the first time, and it would require a modification of that file.

I setup your tweak few weeks ago, and it's working ok
except here : (Troll displays a 'troll picture 'in profile page and member card), even after refreshing many times, it does not show up in this block :(

Screenshot_1.webp

You're right it is not a standard block.
It deals with XenPorta layout block. (EWRblock_StatusUpdates)

Alas, I am not familiar with the XenPorta addon. The addon will most likely need an extra code modification (to instantiate the BBCode parser) and a template modification (similar to the template modifications I posted in this addon's description).

1.1.3? It should work just fine.

I am going to check next if it works with 1.2.0 and whether it may need an update.

Reactions: Cao
Top Bottom