Product Review Plugin for Xenforo?

surfsup

Is there one yet? Or what would be the best option for a product review plugin? What about using the directory plugin? Just throwing out questions thx

It'd be nice where people can create a review and even others can like/dislike it etc....
Are you aware that the Resource Manager may eventually be available for download ?
It has some of the features you want.

A review addon was planned but abandoned.

Do you want structured reviews ? If not, you could style a thread to LOOK reviewish.
Essentially the first post would be as normal. The following posts would just be comments to the first post Review.

A good example of this type of styling (the person whom did it first) was Jaxel's Annoucement forum.
Here is an example.
http://8wayrun.com/threads/namco-bandai-announces-world-wide-finals-qualifiers.12579/

One benefit of this approach is that reviews and comments to the reviews would cycle the review through the forums (ie. the Review would show up in What's New?).

A drawback would be ... the list of reviews would be just a regular forum listing.
http://8wayrun.com/forums/news-announcements.78/
Not sure if the Forum Listing can be as easily re-styled as a thread.

A tweak to the Aritcles (Library) addon might work ? Not sure.

Yeah I asked the creators of that Mod if they can modify it for my needs and ill pay them but they didnt seem too interested argh.

Sucks cause a review mod would be a huge hit!

Any word of this yet? I would be very interested in something similar to the Resource manager.

We are expecting a new version of XF to arrive in the new year including the Resource Manager.
No guarantees you never really know much in advance with coding but that dating looks pretty likely.

From what I've read, development has been stopped or atleast slowed drastically because of the lawsuit...

Any word of this yet? I would be very interested in something similar to the Resource manager.
They were considering the release of resource manager (version 1.1.. not a fully featured RM) if i am not wrong. But looks like they are holding it back for some reason.

From what I've read, development has been stopped or atleast slowed drastically because of the lawsuit...
They were considering the release of resource manager (version 1.1.. not a fully featured RM) if i am not wrong. But looks like they are holding it back for some reason.

Yes exactly. As I said:
We are expecting a new version of XF to arrive in the new year including the Resource Manager.
No guarantees you never really know much in advance with coding but that dating looks pretty likely.

I have not seen any statement that the RM will be different to the site version here. If you know of information please QUOTE IT and don't just lazily throw rumours and gossip around that will get people hotted up on hot air.

I have not seen any statement that the RM will be different to the site version here. If you know of information please QUOTE IT and don't just lazily throw rumours and gossip around that will get people hotted up on hot air.
They (mods) have stated that the RM may be released early.. It would be difficult to find now as it was an off topic comment in one of the various rogue threads.

They (mods) have stated that the RM may be released early.. It would be difficult to find now as it was an off topic comment in one of the various rogue threads.

I'm good at searches ... there are some threads talking about the Resource Manager being released ON HERE early. That's back in February.
Nothing about public release coming early.
[Speculating] I think that is very unlikely. The core developers are not focusing on coding right now until the court case is given judgement. (They need to do a lot of paperwork about that, and it's stressful, and they need to make money in other ways right now.) Last I heard the RM was not ready for public release so they'll need to work it up when they get fully back on the XF job.
Given court judgement in about 10 days we might see either the RM or the next XF in December, or January.
Given court judgement in January we might see new stuff by late March.

I'm good at searches ... there are some threads talking about the Resource Manager being released ON HERE early. That's back in February.
Nothing about public release coming early.
[Speculating] I think that is very unlikely. The core developers are not focusing on coding right now until the court case is given judgement. (They need to do a lot of paperwork about that, and it's stressful, and they need to make money in other ways right now.) Last I heard the RM was not ready for public release so they'll need to work it up when they get fully back on the XF job.
Given court judgement in about 10 days we might see either the RM or the next XF in December, or January.
Given court judgement in January we might see new stuff by late March.
Actually there is, It stems from or out of the Questions to Ashley thread.. Im sure Jake could confirm.. I also doubt it will be released this year but im sure the possibility was put on the table by one of the three owners within the last month or two here.

If you know of information please QUOTE IT and don't just lazily throw rumours and gossip around that will get people hotted up on hot air.
Like VonDoom said it was a comment in some thread. I could not find it otherwise i would have given a link. I thought i was helping someone tbh.. my apologies if i sound like some rumor-monger.

Top Bottom