XF 1.5 Problems uploading a video

Walkman Archive

Hi there,
I'm trying to upload a video to my Media gallery but I cannot success.
It's a 160MB Mp4 file compressed with Handbrake from a MOV taken with my iphone 6s, so nothing very special here.
I increased my video quota to be sure that's not a problem but I always get this error:

error uploading.webp
I don't have FFMPEG or anything special; just the media gallery.
any ideas what could it be?

I believe that you have to have FFMPEG to be able to use video on your forum.
This isn't correct, this is only needed for transcoding and thumbnail generation.

Hi there,
I'm trying to upload a video to my Media gallery but I cannot success.
It's a 160MB Mp4 file compressed with Handbrake from a MOV taken with my iphone 6s, so nothing very special here.
I increased my video quota to be sure that's not a problem but I always get this error:

View attachment 147158
I don't have FFMPEG or anything special; just the media gallery.
any ideas what could it be?
This is likely because your post_max_size value in PHP is too low. It would need to be equal to or greater than the maximum file size you permit in upload_max_size.

So setting post_max_size to around 200MB should sort it.

Ahh, ok, thanks. Can you give me a easy explanation for a non-pro server user on what do I have to do?
I checked the options in the media gallery so there's no problem with the quota, but I'm not sure where are those php options...
Thanks!

Ok, Chris. I found some time for this. Got in contact with my hoster support team and asked them to icrease the file size. They increased for thr max limit and the post file size (I did this one). But it doesn't work yet. Do I have to clear browser cache or log out and log in to get it working?

Generally if you make changes to any configuration, you would restart the service on the server. It doesn't involve restarting the entire hardware.

From a shell it is usually something along the lines of:
Code:
apachectl -restart

If after a restart the files still do not upload, this would again be a query to ask your host, assuming the error is the same.

I've been talking to another guy at the support team at Bluehost and the support was almost useless. He told me he cannot restar the server and doesn't give any solution to this issue. I told him what you explained.
So you mean that the issue can be solved by restarting Apache service?

Last edited:
Well either the configuration hasn't taken effect, or they've not applied the correct configuration properly.

Are you able to get a phpinfo output up and check that the configurations they changed took effect?

Top Bottom