1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private forum blocks its usergroup

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Morgain, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

This is very important because this private forum is for my moderators and I to discuss the whole community.

I set Category X and Forum X inside it, to PRIVATE.

There is a usergroup xxx to match.
    Usergroup xxx has general permissions to view / post in forums etc which they have no problem doing elsewhere.

On the Node Tree I selected the blue PERMISSIONS button for this forum.
    As well as setting it to Private I selected usergroup xxx and selected GREEN permissions to view, post, edit their posts as normal.

This all worked OK some time ago.
    The forum X has not been used for a while.

Recently I moved both the Category X and the Forum X away from root under another Category.

Members of usergroup xxx told me they can no longer access Forum X.
    I logged in as one of them and I can see Category X but not Forum X inside it.

I moved both the Category X and the Forum X back to root on the node tree.
    They still cannot access the forum!

HELP!

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

HWS likes this.
  3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Jake thank you. I have checked all the usergroups showing Bold under Permissions for that forum. Far as I can see all are either showing grey Inherit or green Allow.
    I have added each member in the relevant usergroup individually. This seems to work but it's a pain as I have to click every Allowed permission under every member separately! Plus I move a member to that group only rarely so by next time I'll probably forget.

I wish permissions were simpler. I get sick of all those coloured bars!