1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Conversations - De-invite someone...

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by KURTZ, Sep 7, 2010.

1. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

just like the title said ... allow the owners/starters to ban/eject members from a PC. feed-backs?

Adam Howard, Hornstar, Kim and 2 others like this.
  2. James

James Well-Known Member

Ejecting members is a nice idea.

3. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

Not too sure how banning a PC would work but I'm guessing you could eject all members from a specific IP.
    Care to elaborate on your idea Kurtz?

4. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

5. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

6. James

James Well-Known Member

Kier stated he doesn't know whether he wants to go down the route of ejecting others from a conversation.

7. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd just say if you're in the position where you want to remove people from a PC, I think you could just start a new one.

8. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

Riiiight. So the acronym PC is Private Conversations here, not the more universally known acronym for Personal Computer? Is which case, please disregard my previous comment :)

9. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

Not sure I want to bring up Google Wave as we all saw how that turned out, but it had a feature to privately speak to a person inside a 'group' conversation. When the recipient saw the message sent directly to them, it was formatted differently (but still in-line with the conversation) and also noted that the particular message was sent only to them.

You could have something similar, with a reply button underneath the private message to you with something like "respond privately" along with the typical reply button to respond to the main conversation.

This isn't banning people from a Private Conversation, but it does allow for exclusion of people in a conversation, albeit not permanently.

tokyodrift likes this.
  10. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's being used to mean Personal Conversation in this context.

11. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

simple, if i start a new conversation with X members (and obviously i'm the owner) i need the power to push out a member for whatever reason ... cause the concept is: i'm the owner and if i wanna push out someone, clearly i need the power for do it.

ie. if i got a PC with a trolling/flaming member, what can i do (or what can do the other members)? leave the PC? the better solution is simple: allow the starter to eject the others.

note: as stated, if you like this suggestion press 'like' onto the first post :)

12. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

You like whore! :p

KURTZ likes this.
  13. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

Erm, Kurtz, did you not see my third post? :) I was confused about your use of the acronym PC, taking it to mean Personal Computer instead of Private Conversation.

14. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I find it confusing as well.

15. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

I would think most people do... PC is global acronym for Personal Computer, as far as I'm aware anyway.

Abomination likes this.
  16. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

but you haven't pushed that button ... :D so c'on ... push i 'Like' this post ... LOL

Mikey likes this.
  17. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

You COULD leave conversations, if someone's bothering you. Hm.

18. Ben Davis

Ben Davis Active Member

You could do as you preach but you don't. Hm.

19. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I'm just helping out on these ideas....sheesh.

20. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I think once the software is actually for sale and people can create their own test accounts, and have some sites going live, there could be many PC requests.

I know I have not created any test accounts on this forum to thoroughly test the PCs, and cannot send a PC to myself on this xf.com forum. This feature may be desirable, or possibly necessary, not sure.