• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Private Conversations - De-invite someone...

Ben Davis

Not too sure how banning a PC would work but I'm guessing you could eject all members from a specific IP.
Care to elaborate on your idea Kurtz?

James

Kier stated he doesn't know whether he wants to go down the route of ejecting others from a conversation.

Enigma

Yeah, I'd just say if you're in the position where you want to remove people from a PC, I think you could just start a new one.

Ben Davis

Riiiight. So the acronym PC is Private Conversations here, not the more universally known acronym for Personal Computer? Is which case, please disregard my previous comment :)

Jesepi

Not sure I want to bring up Google Wave as we all saw how that turned out, but it had a feature to privately speak to a person inside a 'group' conversation. When the recipient saw the message sent directly to them, it was formatted differently (but still in-line with the conversation) and also noted that the particular message was sent only to them.

You could have something similar, with a reply button underneath the private message to you with something like "respond privately" along with the typical reply button to respond to the main conversation.

This isn't banning people from a Private Conversation, but it does allow for exclusion of people in a conversation, albeit not permanently.

KURTZ

Not too sure how banning a PC would work but I'm guessing you could eject all members from a specific IP.
Care to elaborate on your idea Kurtz?
simple, if i start a new conversation with X members (and obviously i'm the owner) i need the power to push out a member for whatever reason ... cause the concept is: i'm the owner and if i wanna push out someone, clearly i need the power for do it.

ie. if i got a PC with a trolling/flaming member, what can i do (or what can do the other members)? leave the PC? the better solution is simple: allow the starter to eject the others.

note: as stated, if you like this suggestion press 'like' onto the first post :)

Ben Davis

simple, if i start a new conversation with X members (and obviously i'm the owner) i need the power to push out a member for whatever reason ... cause the concept is: i'm the owner and if i wanna push out someone, clearly i need the power for do it.
Erm, Kurtz, did you not see my third post? :) I was confused about your use of the acronym PC, taking it to mean Personal Computer instead of Private Conversation.

Dean

I think once the software is actually for sale and people can create their own test accounts, and have some sites going live, there could be many PC requests.

I know I have not created any test accounts on this forum to thoroughly test the PCs, and cannot send a PC to myself on this xf.com forum. This feature may be desirable, or possibly necessary, not sure.