Lack of interest Private Conversations - De-invite someone...

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not too sure how banning a PC would work but I'm guessing you could eject all members from a specific IP.
Care to elaborate on your idea Kurtz?

Yeah, I'd just say if you're in the position where you want to remove people from a PC, I think you could just start a new one.

Riiiight. So the acronym PC is Private Conversations here, not the more universally known acronym for Personal Computer? Is which case, please disregard my previous comment :)

Not sure I want to bring up Google Wave as we all saw how that turned out, but it had a feature to privately speak to a person inside a 'group' conversation. When the recipient saw the message sent directly to them, it was formatted differently (but still in-line with the conversation) and also noted that the particular message was sent only to them.

You could have something similar, with a reply button underneath the private message to you with something like "respond privately" along with the typical reply button to respond to the main conversation.

This isn't banning people from a Private Conversation, but it does allow for exclusion of people in a conversation, albeit not permanently.

Riiiight. So the acronym PC is Private Conversations here, not the more universally known acronym for Personal Computer? Is which case, please disregard my previous comment :)
Yeah, it's being used to mean Personal Conversation in this context.

Not too sure how banning a PC would work but I'm guessing you could eject all members from a specific IP.
Care to elaborate on your idea Kurtz?

simple, if i start a new conversation with X members (and obviously i'm the owner) i need the power to push out a member for whatever reason ... cause the concept is: i'm the owner and if i wanna push out someone, clearly i need the power for do it.

ie. if i got a PC with a trolling/flaming member, what can i do (or what can do the other members)? leave the PC? the better solution is simple: allow the starter to eject the others.

note: as stated, if you like this suggestion press 'like' onto the first post :)

simple, if i start a new conversation with X members (and obviously i'm the owner) i need the power to push out a member for whatever reason ... cause the concept is: i'm the owner and if i wanna push out someone, clearly i need the power for do it.

Erm, Kurtz, did you not see my third post? :) I was confused about your use of the acronym PC, taking it to mean Personal Computer instead of Private Conversation.

I think once the software is actually for sale and people can create their own test accounts, and have some sites going live, there could be many PC requests.

I know I have not created any test accounts on this forum to thoroughly test the PCs, and cannot send a PC to myself on this xf.com forum. This feature may be desirable, or possibly necessary, not sure.

Top Bottom