Lack of interest Preview in quick reply

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was just thinking to myself a few posts ago, "huh - no preview button, that's weird." Because until your thread I had actually forgotten that there's a 'more options' option.

The thing is though, editing is so easy and there's no 'edited-by' line that you don't really need a preview. Just post it, reread, fix the typos, voila.

But I do miss spellcheck.

I was just thinking to myself a few posts ago, "huh - no preview button, that's weird." Because until your thread I had actually forgotten that there's a 'more options' option.

The thing is though, editing is so easy and there's no 'edited-by' line that you don't really need a preview. Just post it, reread, fix the typos, voila.

But I do miss spellcheck.
Spell check is pretty redundant as most modern browsers offer it as a feature.

Spell check is pretty redundant as most modern browsers offer it as a feature.

You mean that plugin that sits in the top right of the post form in some forums? Or is there some other way to spell-check posts with your browser? Because I'm using IE 8 and I don't see any spellchecking going on with it.

You mean that plugin that sits in the top right of the post form in some forums? Or is there some other way to spell-check posts with your browser? Because I'm using IE 8 and I don't see any spellchecking going on with it.
I don't believe IE8 has spellcheck built in. I know that Chrome (5) and Safari (5) both have spellcheck options though.
TinyMCE does have a spellcheck plugin, I guess it was just removed from the plugins listing by Kier and Mike.

I don't believe IE8 has spellcheck built in. I know that Chrome (5) and Safari (5) both have spellcheck options though.
TinyMCE does have a spellcheck plugin, I guess it was just removed from the plugins listing by Kier and Mike.

Ah ok - thanks for the information! I'll just keep winging it, then!

Ah ok - thanks for the information! I'll just keep winging it, then!
If you'd like to use TinyMCE's built-in spell checker you can. See an example of it here and you can include it in your copy of TinyMCE... though I'm not sure how easy it'd be because of the changes made to the TinyMCE editor by Kier and Mike.

Thank you, all of you! (Why is the answer to any problem always Firefox? And why oh why can't I get used to Firefox? It would be so much easier all around.) :D

That's because IE is crap and always behind in features.

OT: I think a preview button below QR is too much. Don't really miss it TBH.

have to agree with this, thats why its a quick reply, assuming you need to take the time to your preview your post you would not not really making a quick reply.

And really, the editing function is so fast and easy that it would actually take more time to preview the thing and approve it, than it would to just hit post and fix any booboos with an edit.

have to agree with this, thats why its a quick reply, assuming you need to take the time to your preview your post you would not not really making a quick reply.
it wouldn't hurt to have a preview button, as its going to be ajax ; similar to whats on the "More Options.." page

And really, the editing function is so fast and easy that it would actually take more time to preview the thing and approve it, than it would to just hit post and fix any booboos with an edit.
its not just typo's ; but quick reply has a full rich editor with images/media , so its always better to have a preview option just to make sure the reply is going to have proper formatting

also once a reply is done, the emails go to the subscribers & they don't get notified of your editing

Thank you, all of you! (Why is the answer to any problem always Firefox? And why oh why can't I get used to Firefox? It would be so much easier all around.) :D

In firefox go to addons - themes if its a visual thing that's throwing you off. Other than the layout the only problem I have seen people have with the transition from ie to ff was the calling favorites bookmarks instead. What if anything, is your specific issue with getting used to it... like if you could change one thing in FF to make using it comfortable for you to use what would it be. Maybe one of us can help you find what it is you need to change in order to optimize your browsing experience. :)

Top Bottom