Prejudice based on region.

hahaha funny you should mention the iron skillets. I still have one of my grandma's iron skillets. That sucker is HEAVY. o_O
I like to bake cornbread in it. yummmmmy!

Pretty much anywhere in Montana would be to your liking lol .... Most of the major cities are at least 2 hrs apart from each other... so 10 minutes out and you are in paradise. Apples & Cherries are the major fruits, a lot of Strawberries and Raspberries as well. Veggies.. just about anything really. We have a little garden with Corn, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, pumpkins and sunflowers....

I wanna move there :D ride my horse into town and have all that lovely fresh food!

Sounds like heaven.

hahaha funny you should mention the iron skillets. I still have one of my grandma's iron skillets. That sucker is HEAVY. o_O
I like to bake cornbread in it. yummmmmy!

I remember the waffle iron my grandmother had. She was a tiny woman, but she must have had some strength in her arms, because that thing weighed a fricking ton.

Come to think of it, our grandparents probably hardly recognized the world when they died. My grandparents all were born around 1900. When they were young, they probably did not have electricity, central heating, or perhaps even decent plumbing.

Or political correctness for that matter. I could tell you stories :D

I was in the Army at the time, this was in 2003, assigned to some temporary duty in the Port of Jacksonville, FL. I had just arrived and after changing into civilian clothes at the hotel, I walked next door to Texas Longhorn Steakhouse. Being alone, I sat at the bar and ordered dinner. The basketball game comes on and it was, I think Michigan vs. UConn. After a few minutes, a guy sitting a few seats down calls out (in the thickest drawl you can imagine),"Hey, bartender, can ya change the game? Who wants to watch a buncha damn Yankees play basketball?"

I was more shocked than offended. "Damn Yankees"? In 2003? Really? But, I kept from laughing when the bartender said, "No, and your shutoff," and turned to me, rolled his eyes and said, "I'm from Massachusetts." (Which is where I was born and raised).
We have a joke in Texas...

What's the difference between yankee and a damned yankee?

A yankee is a northerner who, while visiting our fine state, proceeds to tell us everything that's wrong with Texas and how his state does things so much better, faster, cheaper, cleaner, etc.

And a damn yankee? Same thing, except they move here and don't leave!

Your Southern

southern-slave-map.jpg
Not buying it.

Texans aren't southerners. We're Texans. "The South" ends at the Sabine River, thank you very much.

A yankee is a northerner who, while visiting our fine state, proceeds to tell us everything that's wrong with Texas and how his state does things so much better, faster, cheaper, cleaner, etc.

hahahah that's a good one.

LOL...well, I lived in San Antonio for a few years after but moved back to Connecticut after leaving the Army. So, I seem to skirt a lot of the definitions...

BTW, the Mavs looks good to win the NBA Championship. Hate to root for them given that the Spurs are my team. But, I like Dallas over the Heat.

Top Bottom