Prejudice based on region.

Oh, I think southerners are the absolute worst at being prejudice against others based on region.
LOL, I are not.

IMO, Southerners get picked on the most out of all of the regions. Terms like Rednecks (even though rednecks are not indigenous to the south), hillbillies, backwoods hillbillies (typically referring to Alabama residents, but used for other regions in the south as well), twangers (referring to accent), among others. I won't even mention some of the names I've been called for being a southerner.

LOL, I are not.

IMO, Southerners get picked on the most out of all of the regions. Terms like Rednecks (even though rednecks are not indigenous to the south), hillbillies, backwoods hillbillies (typically referring to Alabama residents, but used for other regions in the south as well), twangers (referring to accent), among others. I won't even mention some of the names I've been called for being a southerner.

Hey y'all :) southerners should be broken up into Eastern, Central, Western, and Florida Southerners then add a bunch of sub-types like Cajun. Don't ya rek'en

But I ain't Mississippi Southern, I am to the West of there Cowboy Southern. Ki Yi Yippi Yi Yea
No, you are country. There is a big difference between that and being southern. You need to reside in, and/or be from the deep south to claim the title Southerner ;)

You tell it baby!! yeeee hawww...

Southerners? You have to educate me here is the American civil war still going on? When I hear the term southerner I think chicken, as in chicken southerner, the kind of southerners whom like bbq chicken. :LOL:

edit: I watch too many movies.

No, you are country. There is a big difference between that and being southern. You need to reside in, and/or be from the deep south to claim the title Southerner ;)

Naw, Southern Country is "Hee Haw" and bib overalls. Southern Western is moo cows, cowpoke hats, boots, and a horse. There is Northern corn and soybean country too but it is different.

Southerners? You have to educate me here is the American civil war still going on? When I hear the term southerner I think chicken, as in chicken southerner, the kind of southerners whom like bbq chicken. :LOL:

edit: I watch too many movies.

Don't forget sweet potato and pecan pie, as well as okra, and polk. Fried chicken and BBQ chicken are very different things.

Western Southern

cowboy.jpg

CowboyHorse.jpg

Cajun Southern

SW-La-10-foot-roar.png

Eastern Southern

Shoot I don't know what they look like anymore.

I live in Florida, the most southern state in the US, and yet we're not part of "The South." :cautious:

We do collect all your retirees though. :rolleyes:

I live in Florida, the most southern state in the US, and yet we're not part of "The South." :cautious:

We do collect all your retirees though. :rolleyes:

I thought enough of Florida to Include you. :)

Hey y'all :) southerners should be broken up into Eastern, Central, Western, and Florida Southerners then add a bunch of sub-types like Cajun. Don't ya rek'en

Northern Florida might surprise some people. Tons of horses.

Not only do I think there are different kinds of Southerners I think we can also break them up into kind of rural southerners. very rural southerners, townie southerners, and citiot southerners.

All we need now is a Rebel yell with a bit of Cajun, and Texan mixed in.

Florida has its own unique set of "southerners/hicks" can be broke down into several groups (Pensecola to Tallahasee to Jax down to Ocala, Then Southern FL (Daytona/Otown/Tampa). The coast from Daytona south down A1a (to Palm Beach).. then Lil Cuba (which can also be broken up lol) ..

Top Bottom