Prefix Essentials [Deleted]

@wjosh45 this is likely a styling bug preventing the links being generated properly, I also need to see the URL for the case when it isn't filtering. Please check for any template modifications from Multiprefix and Prefix Essentials not applying.

@Xon - here you go. This is when I tried to select "Rally" and "WRC"
http://motoringalliance.sproutbox.i...otorsports.543/&prefix_ids[0]=42&prefix_id=43

Also when I tried to apply a batch update with multi-prefix's it gave me this error:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: prefix_id in /home/motoring/public_html/forums/library/PrefixEss/Deferred/ThreadAction.php on line 15
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in PrefixEss/Deferred/ThreadAction.php at line 15
  2. PrefixEss_Deferred_ThreadAction->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
  3. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
  4. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
  5. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 354
  6. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 50
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 618
  8. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/motoring/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

@Xon - thanks, when is the next version going to be released?

Regarding the filtering, let me know if you need any help. That site is the dev site and has some interesting quirks. I also have another dev site.. =).

@Stuart Wright - thanks, looks like the update is working for the undefined prefix ID. However I did notice something else interesting. If you have a prefix set to a thread (lets say its only one thread in a forum). If you remove that prefix from the thread, the prefix in the menu "goes away" which is as expected in this update. However if you are on the main page/menu the prefix does show up there (i.e. when filtering on the entire forum, not just a sub node). If you click on that, it will take you to the thread that "no longer" has a prefix. Its like that table didn't update to know the prefix has been removed. Make sense? If not, can do screen shots again.

Please check for any template modifications from Multiprefix and Prefix Essentials not applying.[/QUOTE said:
@Xon - Sorry, still pretty very new to XF platform.. how would I check that?

@Stuart Wright - thanks, looks like the update is working for the undefined prefix ID. However I did notice something else interesting. If you have a prefix set to a thread (lets say its only one thread in a forum). If you remove that prefix from the thread, the prefix in the menu "goes away" which is as expected in this update. However if you are on the main page/menu the prefix does show up there (i.e. when filtering on the entire forum, not just a sub node). If you click on that, it will take you to the thread that "no longer" has a prefix. Its like that table didn't update to know the prefix has been removed. Make sense? If not, can do screen shots again.
Always good to tag @Xon as he will need to fix this for us.

There is a list of all prefixes in account preferences. its a mile long because we have so many and it makes the page hard to use and confusing. Can this be disabled somehow?

@Xon[/USER said:
- regarding the other issue with the filtering/UI, let me know if you need anything.

@Xon @Stuart Wright - I wanted to check in on this. I think the issue I’m seeing is a prefix essentials issue (but it could be compatibility with multi-prefix. I went ahead and did some more testing. The situation is as follows:
1) If you choose to filter on multiple prefix by clicking on the prefix in the thread (I.e. not from the menu) it filters fine.
2) If you choose to filter on multiple prefix by clicking on the prefix in the top menu, the first prefix filters. The second one you click on will disappear from the prefix menu, but does not show up as a filter and does not filter.
3) If you choose a prefix from the menu, then the second prefix to filter on from a thread it works.

See the screen shots below.
B9ABBD83-EE0B-46B9-A67D-F1FD27F25B10.webp

F420EEA2-AD27-4406-AE78-E51400971E3B.webp

0D320662-4A92-4876-A4E7-5234B471BF37.webp

60EBC467-352E-40F6-894D-FDCDA5FD5D1A.webp

To me this feels like a Prefix Essentials menu/style sheet issue. I downloaded both the current version of Multi-Prefix and Prefix essentials again today and re-applied. Same issue.

Does this help explain the issue? Do you need more information from me?

This addon will be converted to XF2?
what will be the price for existing customers (addon for xf1)?

My forum has such a large number of prefixes that the ignore prefixes list takes up a large area of the account preferences popop. This makes it inconvenient to use the account preferences popup as one must do a lot of scrolling to save changes. How can I make the ignored prefixes list display only in the non-popup view of account preferences?

Thanks!

There is a list of all prefixes in account preferences. its a mile long because we have so many and it makes the page hard to use and confusing. Can this be disabled somehow?
Appearance -->Template Modifications
Find the template list in the Section "Prefix Essentials"
Uncheck the box next to account_preferences

Top Bottom