1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Administrator Essentials

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by Daniel Hood, Jul 8, 2015.

?

Are you interested?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone,

So far this year, I've been doing some paid requests and a lot of the functionality that has been requested has been in the admin panel. I haven't wanted to release all the tools individually as a series of small add-ons but have instead decided to package them as the next installation of the Essentials (User/Moderator/Conversation) series. In addition, I have decided to include some of my older add-ons and even some features that I've seen suggested on XenForo.com that weren't not specifically sponsored for me to develop.

I wanted to get some thoughts, and maybe some suggestions on more features that can/should be included. I'm not sure how far away the release is.

Below are some of the features that are going to be included:
    • Mass Conversation
      • Same functionality as mass emailing except it creates a conversation with each user instead of sending an email (depending on user preferences, they'll get an email about the conversation).
    • Search Management
      • Search Filter
        • Implements the same functionality from my search filter resource that stops a node's content form being searched.
        • Gives the ability to remove specific threads from the search index instead of the entire node.
      • Gives the ability to remove content types from the search index (can select to not have profile posts indexed for example).
    • Same Thread Feed
      • Implements the functionality from my Same Thread Feed add-on.
      • Gives the ability to select a feed by copying in the url that you want it to post to.
    • Daily Statistics Email
      • Sends an email to the administrators that are opted-in with the stats (admin.php?stats/daily) from the previous day.
    • "Read More" - option to include a tynt like content-protector.
    If you own either of the add-ons included (Same Thread Feed or Search Filter), you will receive a discount if you choose to purchase this add-on. I have not decided on a price yet and these aren't all the features I want to include, still looking for more suggestions.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    Zynektic likes this.
  2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I like these, but mass conversation is coming in 1.5...

So, the others might be useful.

Liam

3. Daniel Hood

I forgot about that. Good call.

4. Daniel Hood

Here's a feature that isn't mentioned in the first post:

(Add/Remove Tags quickly)

upload_2015-7-27_14-15-23.png

adwade, Sunka, Steve F and 1 other person like this.