Prefix Essentials [Deleted]

@Stuart Wright Is there a conditional phrase where I can eliminate certain prefixes from specific forums?

IE: On this forum, designated for TV/Movies, I'd rather not have sports related prefixes. Ideally, I'd like to have prefixes for TV/Movies, Politics, etc. on that forum and only have sports prefixes on those forums.

View attachment 147545
Are you running the latest version? The prefixes with zero uses shouldn't be shown in the filter.
And if you can edit forums and in the Thread Prefixes tab, set which prefixes are used in each forum.

Are you running the latest version? The prefixes with zero uses shouldn't be shown in the filter.
And if you can edit forums and in the Thread Prefixes tab, set which prefixes are used in each forum.
It appears I should have been more clear.

Those prefixes work perfectly on the sports side of the site. The earlier attachement (I'll post it again for reference) is to a node(s) that's are non-sports related. I'm using prefixes (IE: Football, Basketball, et. al.) with sports related threads and would like to do the same on another node with a different set of prefixes (IE: TV/Movies, Tailgating, et. al.)

Ideally, I'd rather not have the TV/Movies prefix show up on the sports side much like I'd rather not have the football prefix show up on the non-sports related node.

I'm wondering if there is a way to remove certain prefixes from the top of certain forums? A conditional phrase perhaps that would remove football from the non-sports area?

(It's a new style I'm moving to with the intent of using CTA more efficiently along with these options.)

1.webp 2.webp

It appears I should have been more clear.

Those prefixes work perfectly on the sports side of the site. The earlier attachement (I'll post it again for reference) is to a node(s) that's are non-sports related. I'm using prefixes (IE: Football, Basketball, et. al.) with sports related threads and would like to do the same on another node with a different set of prefixes (IE: TV/Movies, Tailgating, et. al.)

Ideally, I'd rather not have the TV/Movies prefix show up on the sports side much like I'd rather not have the football prefix show up on the non-sports related node.

I'm wondering if there is a way to remove certain prefixes from the top of certain forums? A conditional phrase perhaps that would remove football from the non-sports area?

(It's a new style I'm moving to with the intent of using CTA more efficiently along with these options.)

View attachment 147654 View attachment 147655
You know you can set your nodes up to use only specific prefixes? Have you set up your sports node to use sport prefixes and your movies node to use movies prefixes?

What do I edit to remove the Filter based on Prefix: text at the top of the discussion list?

I want to get rid of that text. And I would also like to better format the prefix list as the default CSS is smashing all the prefixes together on responsive design. In my opinion, the prefixes should be in a justified grid that cleanly falls over to the next line.

1. I meant this...

View attachment 141755

2016-10-05_14-08-01-png.141755

I want to display only 15 prefixes, and the rest were hidden under the button "More" or "+". When I click on a button, shows all available prefixes.

While Enay does have a lot of prefixes, it seems the default CSS could handle the arrangement of those a little better.

I'm using only about 8 prefixes and intentionally made them all about the same character length. But on smaller screens, two lines of 4 become a jumbled mess, when it shouldn't have to be an overwhelming appearance.

Possible in a future update?

What do I edit to remove the Filter based on Prefix: text at the top of the discussion list?

I want to get rid of that text. And I would also like to better format the prefix list as the default CSS is smashing all the prefixes together on responsive design. In my opinion, the prefixes should be in a justified grid that cleanly falls over to the next line.

While Enay does have a lot of prefixes, it seems the default CSS could handle the arrangement of those a little better.

I'm using only about 8 prefixes and intentionally made them all about the same character length. But on smaller screens, two lines of 4 become a jumbled mess, when it shouldn't have to be an overwhelming appearance.

Possible in a future update?
Yes indeed possible with Xenforo 2.

Reactions: the
Yes indeed possible with Xenforo 2.

Well that wasn't the response I was expecting.

I'm not genius at CSS but looks like the problem is floating objects that need to be centered right?

Is there another barrier that stop these list of boxes from being centered?

Well that wasn't the response I was expecting.

I'm not genius at CSS but looks like the problem is floating objects that need to be centered right?

Is there another barrier that stop these list of boxes from being centered?
Probably not. CSS is simple enough. If you have a go at tweaking it using your browser's inspector (I prefer Chrome's) , you'll probably pick it up. That's how I make changes to the CSS on AVForums.
Having a partially collapsed list with a More button is beyond css though.

Just to clarify, I'm not intending to add any new features to this addon (or the others we have) for Xenforo 1. There is enough work involved with migration to Xenforo 2.

Last edited:
Any way to select multiple prefixes for filtering when on a thread list. So if I wanted to see 3 prefixes that are in that node, is that possible? Or can I only filter by 1 prefix at a time?

@clubpromos

I don't believe Prefix Essentials will count prefixes on threads with multi-prefixes properly, but until someone (with a valid licence) requests that as a bugfix it will be a low priority.

@Xon - I recently purchase multi-prefix if I purchase this and find an issue, would you be willing to look at it and to see if it can be fixed? I have a test server we can work off.

@Xon - I recently purchase multi-prefix if I purchase this and find an issue, would you be willing to look at it and to see if it can be fixed? I have a test server we can work off.
Fyi for everyone in this thread, this issue should be fixed in the most current MultiPrefix release.

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: prefix_id - library/PrefixEss/Deferred/ThreadAction.php:15
Generated By: Alfa, A moment ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/PrefixEss/Deferred/ThreadAction.php(15): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/...', 15, Array)
#1 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): PrefixEss_Deferred_ThreadAction->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999809265, '')
#2 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999809265, '', false)
#3 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#4 /library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#5 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#6 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(52) "https://forum.com/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(64) "https://forum.com/admin.php?threads/batch-update&success=1"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

I keep gettign this error on deferred.

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: prefix_id - library/PrefixEss/Deferred/ThreadAction.php:15
Generated By: Alfa, A moment ago

Stack Trace
#0 /library/PrefixEss/Deferred/ThreadAction.php(15): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/...', 15, Array)
#1 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): PrefixEss_Deferred_ThreadAction->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999809265, '')
#2 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999809265, '', false)
#3 /library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#4 /library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#5 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(369): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#6 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(152): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(52) "https://forum.com/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(64) "https://forum.com/admin.php?threads/batch-update&success=1"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

I keep gettign this error on deferred.
I think this is a compatibility issue with multi-prefixes. Let me send a fixed build

Sorry for the delay, I was out for the holidays. When I tested I found that the following:
1) When you click on the first prefix from the menu it filters.
2) When you click on the second prefix (I.e. filter by multiple), the prefix no longer shows in the prefix menu, however it also doesn’t show in the filter section and the items are not filtered. See imgages below:
7741ED3A-0C47-4015-A496-A0A603D6CC6F.webpB31D8F47-2847-45E1-9EC4-EC8B0F4C20B4.webp

Is this what you are seeing also? Let me know if you need anything else on this.

Top Bottom