XF 1.4 PP IPN on a testing website (password protected)

Moshe1010

I receive the following email every day in the past 2 weeks:

Hello ,

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://domin.com/payment_callback.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,
PayPal

How do I disable this?

1. There is nothing under payment logs that fails
2. I've erased the email address from all packages

Once PayPal receives a payment with an IPN, there isn't an explicit way to stop it or even change the URL it pings back to. It would likely just have to eventually give up and that will probably disable IPNs in your account (presumably you can reactivate them if necessary).

Because the site is password protected, the request is never getting to XenForo. You would need to exempt the payment_callback.php file from the password protection.

Once PayPal receives a payment with an IPN, there isn't an explicit way to stop it or even change the URL it pings back to. It would likely just have to eventually give up and that will probably disable IPNs in your account (presumably you can reactivate them if necessary).

Because the site is password protected, the request is never getting to XenForo. You would need to exempt the payment_callback.php file from the password protection.
The email associated with this email has no real connection to my website and no idea how the IPN got connected to the testing area. Can I disable the IPN manually through PayPal somehow under this email address?

You would need to exempt the payment_callback.php file from the password protection.
I'm using OpenLiteSpeed (on the testing area since I use Litepseed enterprise on the live machine) and it looks like this is not really that easy or even possible to exclude a single file from the entire folder.

In terms of XenForo, the IPN URL is based on your board URL. That will get passed through if someone purchases an upgrade. That will be respected regardless of what is set as the IPN URL in PayPal.

As far as I know, the only other place to set an IPN URL is directly in PayPal. I believe this will be used for all callbacks where there's no IPN override URL set.

Unfortunately, once an IPN URL is set on a payment, there's no way to change it.

Top Bottom