1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post thread to multiple forums

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Trombones13, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

Is there currently a way to post a single thread in multiple forums without copying/pasting it into each subforum that I want it in? Ideally, I'd like a stickied thread in my Artist Discussion forum to post a recommended template for how to post them, so I'd like it to appear at the top of each of those second-level forums. If not, would there be another suitable option aside from adding a forum and pushing all of the genre-related forums down a level in the hierarchy into the new forum?

Thanks!

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no such feature. You could code it up. But with only 9 forums in that category it wouldn't be hard to just post the thread 9 times.

3. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

I think staff can make simlink style virtual threads that will ultimately point to a single thread and all the changes except title will be reflected every where. But I am not sure about it, I will have to verify it. :)

4. ibnesayeed

ibnesayeed Well-Known Member

I am taking my word back! :)

It is true about forums in the form of "Link Forum" which can point to virtually any URL. I was confused with that option then I explored it in admin control panel. :)

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That sounds to me like the traditional "Announcement" type thread, with the option of being able to specify which forums it is displayed in.

6. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses, everyone; just wanted to make sure there wasn't already such an option before I did the copy/paste idea. :)