Resource icon

Post Macros 4.3.2

No permission to download

Liam W

in memoriam 1998-2020
Liam W submitted a new resource:

Post Macros - A.K.A Predefined threads/replies.

Post Macros is an add-on that emulates the Lithium macros feature - it allows you to specify pre-defined replies to threads, and then insert them with a few clicks.

The macros are inserted using ajax, so no refresh is needed.

All public text is defined through phrases, and as such are easily editable (and/or translatable).

This addon will save you time - how often do you find yourself writing the same things in threads, or in replies to threads?

There are two permissions:
  • Can...

Read more about this resource...

Nice but a little overpriced for this...for vb there are an alternative totally free with more features...if you down the price on 10 gbp, i'm surely buy it.

Is it possible to move the dropdown box below the thread title and post box or better yet, in the editor box?

Nice but a little overpriced for this...for vb there are an alternative totally free with more features...if you down the price on 10 gbp, i'm surely buy it.
If your concerned about the price, ragtek has a free version of this in his github.

Is it possible to move the dropdown box below the thread title and post box or better yet, in the editor box?

I'm just using a template hook, so yes it would be possible.

TBH I should really just use the TMS addon...

I've never really sold add-ons before, so I don't really know what a good price would be. However, I'll set it at £15 for now.

If your concerned about the price, ragtek has a free version of this in his github.

Who's ragtek? I have a feeling (s)he deleted their account, as that username appears as a guest on a load of posts...

I'm just using a template hook, so yes it would be possible.

TBH I should really just use the TMS addon...
That would be awesome if you could do it inside the editor box.

Please don't consider using TMS as a lot of stuff TMS is good for Xenforo 2.1 will do for us instead.
I've never really sold add-ons before, so I don't really know what a good price would be. However, I'll set it at £15 for now.
Honestly, this is a very useful addon, the price you had it at was fine, the price now is a good bargain.

I would prefer your version of Post Macros than ragteks because the way you did your drop down. Ragtek's addon is way more involved than yours thoughand includes shared macros, so maybe you should look at his to see how you could improve yours if you want.

I would prefer your version of Post Macros than ragteks because the way you did your drop down. Ragtek's addon is way more involved than yours thoughand includes shared macros, so maybe you should look at his to see how you could improve yours if you want.

I'll do just that, thanks :)

Reactions: DRE
I'll watch this further. This reminds me kinda like the multi-moderation feature in IPB which I really like and still looking for a good alternative to it. Excellent work Liam.

I'll watch this further. This reminds me kinda like the multi-moderation feature in IPB which I really like and still looking for a good alternative to it. Excellent work Liam.

Hey, thanks Shelley :)

It took me about a week to make this. Then I had to figure out how to make the drop down box work (I close the form, then make the drop down box one, then start the other form for the reply/new thread), which took a while (and a few headache's!).

There are still 2 bugs (although they aren't major, and don't affect usage. Mainly a cosmetic thing).

Is it possible for a super admin to define a set of Staff Macros available for all moderators?
It should be a great moderation tool ;)

Top Bottom