Resource icon

Post Macros 4.3.2

No permission to download
thanks, works great, anychance of an option to place the macro link above quick reply to avoid having to click more options.

I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to add that in for a while now.

It's the fact CSS isn't my strongpoint... I'll get there though ;)

Glad it's working :)

Liam

thanks, works great, anychance of an option to place the macro link above quick reply to avoid having to click more options.

I have this fully working now, thanks to some other changes I made.

I also made the selector look much neater, IMO.

Liam W updated Post Macros with a new update entry:

Changed system completely, styling changes, selector on quick reply.

In this update, the system for inserted a macro has changed. It now uses javascript only, and not a controller. The content of the macro is supplied in the value tag of the selector option.

Macros now work with the BBCode plain editor.

When inserting a macro into the WYSIWYG editor, it will be ready-compiled (you won't see the bbcodes).

You can now insert macros to the quick reply box.

There is no longer any need to click a button - just select the macro from the drop down, and it'll be...

Read the rest of this update entry...

this update has killed the post as user mod by waniago.

Can i downgrade it?

You would probably have to uninstall it first, losing all data.

As well as that, I don't keep old versions...

I'll see about the interference. What's happening?

I can only create a thread as another user now, cant reply.

the post as user option completely vanishes from quick reply's when this mod is installed

If I disable this mod the post as user option shows up again but it still only reply's as myself. it doesn't work on reply since this update

Liam W updated Post Macros with a new update entry:

Small Fix & Cleaned Code

This update improves the TMC by ensuring the content that is found is replaced back again - tabs and all, so that other addons can replace it.

This update also removes some unnecessary files, improves the installer & removes some deprecated code.

Read the rest of this update entry...

@topcat this update should fix the issue you were having with Waindigo's addon. It works fine on my local install at least ;)

(Although it took me a while to figure out why it wasn't working, Waindigo uses loads of code...)

Last edited:
still not working for me, Im going to uninstall both mods but on trying to uninstall yours I get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli::qeury() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xx/library/LiamMacros/Addon.php on line 93

still not working for me, Im going to uninstall both mods but on trying to uninstall yours I get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli::qeury() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xx/library/LiamMacros/Addon.php on line 93

I need coffee. I misspelt query...

I'll send you the updated code for the file, so you can edit it directly (instead of having to re-upload it).

Liam, is there a demo available where I don't have to register at the site? I tried posting on your pre-register forum to see the demo of this, but was not able to.

I was looking for an alternative or someone to keep on developing Ragtek version of this.. one thing I like about his was a small icon that was placed right into the editor, I actually shared the icon with him at the time he was looking for one. That's why I want to see a demo of the drop down and get a feel how it works.

Thanks

Liam, is there a demo available where I don't have to register at the site? I tried posting on your pre-register forum to see the demo of this, but was not able to.

I was looking for an alternative or someone to keep on developing Ragtek version of this.. one thing I like about his was a small icon that was placed right into the editor, I actually shared the icon with him at the time he was looking for one. That's why I want to see a demo of the drop down and get a feel how it works.

Thanks

Due to the way the addon works (the database etc.), it wouldn't be feasible to allow for guests.

As well as that, I only have one xenForo license (and no money to buy another), so I can't make a site dedicated to my addons (which I would actually love to do).

If you tell me your username on the forum, I'll give you permission to use macros, so you can test it out without posting :)

Liam

Due to the way the addon works (the database etc.), it wouldn't be feasible to allow for guests.

As well as that, I only have one xenForo license (and no money to buy another), so I can't make a site dedicated to my addons (which I would actually love to do).

If you tell me your username on the forum, I'll give you permission to use macros, so you can test it out without posting :)

Liam

No need for this anymore, as I purchased it and I really like the way it works, great job!

While editing the macros template(see your inbox), I found that there is a few hard coded text that would be nice to have it phrased so people like me can translate it ;)

Also what do you think about having the ability of rearranging the order macros appear on the list(dropdown menu) or have it sorted alphabetically by macro title name?

Thanks in advance!

Doers this only work for forum posts, or also for Conversations & Warnings?
I use predefined replies for warnings mostly.

@Alfa1 I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but you can already define your warnings along with warnings actions in the admincp.

Warnings_Admin_CP.webp

@Liam W hey, I also noticed that the URLs are not automatically parsed when adding/editing a macro. The way it is now, I have to select the url and add a link to it. Can we have it do this automatically like it works in Xenforo by default?

Thanks!

Top Bottom