Resource icon

Post Macros 4.3.2

No permission to download
@Liam W hey, I also noticed that the URLs are not automatically parsed when adding/editing a macro. The way it is now, I have to select the url and add a link to it. Can we have it do this automatically like it works in Xenforo by default?

Thanks!

Ah, yes, auto URL bbcode...

I'll do it tonight. I only have to add a function call :)

Liam W updated Post Macros with a new update entry:

Please run this SQL Query

For some reason, it would appear the query to create the new table isn't running - at least it didn't on my production install.

Please run this SQL manually - it won't do any harm if the table already exists:

Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `xf_liam_macros_options` (
            `userid` int(10) NOT NULL,
            `macros_hide_qr` tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
            `macros_hide_ntnr` tinyint(1) NOT NULL,
            UNIQUE KEY `userid` (`userid`)
                    ) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT...

Read the rest of this update entry...

possible bug unless its just my forum.

there is one staff macro created which I can see when I click macro's in my username menu on forum home.

But the post macro box doesn't appear for me in quick reply or more options unless I actually create a macro of my own.

once I create my own macro the post macro option appears in both quick replay and more options. Giving me the option to post my own macro and the previously created staff macro.

my staff were moaning they couldn't post see the staff macro's and only person who could was the guy who created one.

possible bug unless its just my forum.

there is one staff macro created which I can see when I click macro's in my username menu on forum home.

But the post macro box doesn't appear for me in quick reply or more options unless I actually create a macro of my own.

once I create my own macro the post macro option appears in both quick replay and more options. Giving me the option to post my own macro and the previously created staff macro.

my staff were moaning they couldn't post see the staff macro's and only person who could was the guy who created one.

I'll look into it (after school).

I'll see about implementing this now. Shouldn't be to difficult, just include the drop down into the conversation template and include the javascript file.

Liam

Thanks. I use it mainly for conversations with members, not in threads. Lots of conversations to me about how to do things on the forum, etc.

Liam W updated Post Macros with a new update entry:

Switched to new database creation system & implemented macros for conversations!

So, the interesting part first :)

This update now shows the macro selector near all conversation editors - create, reply and the quick reply editor. You can stop the selector from showing in these locations in the macro options.

Now, the uninteresting part...

I'm slowly trying to switch all my addons to a new method of creating tables and updating them, which offloads the queries into their own classes. I feel this makes it easier to manage (which is important for me!), and also makes it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks. I use it mainly for conversations with members, not in threads. Lots of conversations to me about how to do things on the forum, etc.

Just letting you know I updated it, just incase you didn't get a notification ;)

(Noone has posted at all since I uploaded the update...)

Liam

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'macros_hide_convo_ncnr' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

getting this error when trying to send private messages.

Last edited:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'macros_hide_convo_ncnr' in 'field list' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

getting this error when trying to send private messages.

Sounds like the table wasnt updated/created.

I'll look into it.

any progress?

Please run this query:

Code:
ALTER TABLE `xf_liam_macros_options` ADD COLUMN `macros_hide_convo_qr` tinyint(1) NOT NULL, ADD COLUMN `macros_hide_convo_ncnr` tinyint(1) NOT NULL

I don't want to release it as an update, as the issue will only affect those that installed it new (and only you have), and there's no way to differentiate between people that haven't updated to the last version, and who have.

If someone installs it and they have already updated, they'll get an error. So, run that SQL and everything should work. I'll also reupload the zip so that new users don't have the same issue :)

Liam

Getting this whenever I try to post a thread:
Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'khvids_xenforo.xf_liam_macros_options' doesn't exist in /home/khvids/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in LiamMacros/Model/Macros.php at line 166
    LiamMacros_Model_Macros->hiddenOnNtNr() in LiamMacros/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php at line 36
    LiamMacros_ViewPublic_Thread_View->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/khvids/public_html/index.php at line 13
Disabling for now.

Getting this whenever I try to post a thread:
Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'khvids_xenforo.xf_liam_macros_options' doesn't exist in /home/khvids/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in LiamMacros/Model/Macros.php at line 166
    LiamMacros_Model_Macros->hiddenOnNtNr() in LiamMacros/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php at line 36
    LiamMacros_ViewPublic_Thread_View->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/khvids/public_html/index.php at line 13
Disabling for now.

Was there anything in the server error log, relating to a zend_db_exception? It would appear the code to create the options table hasn't been run...

Liam

Still getting errors. :( First I just tried to update the add-on, then I uninstalled and attempted to reinstall. Install wouldn't even proceed.
Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'khvids_xenforo.xf_liam_macros' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Misty, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/khvids/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('select * from `...')
#1 /home/khvids/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'select * from `...')
#2 /home/khvids/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('select * from `...')
#3 /home/khvids/public_html/library/LiamMacros/DatabaseSchema/Abstract.php(114): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('select * from `...')
#4 /home/khvids/public_html/library/LiamMacros/DatabaseSchema/Abstract.php(58): LiamMacros_DatabaseSchema_Abstract->_tableExists('xf_liam_macros')
#5 /home/khvids/public_html/library/LiamMacros/Addon.php(41): LiamMacros_DatabaseSchema_Abstract->run()
#6 [internal function]: LiamMacros_Addon::install(false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#7 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(215): call_user_func(Array, false, Array, Object(SimpleXMLElement))
#8 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), false)
#9 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(187): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/phpY4vcsP')
#10 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#11 /home/khvids/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/khvids/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "http://kh-vids.net/admin.php?add-ons/install"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["add-ons/install"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["server_file"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}
I've installed this on my test site (which is a separate server) with no troubles so I'm wondering if it's this server in particular.

Nope, I had a brain-fart with my database table install system.

Try the 3.3.3 version :)

Liam