Portal/CMS

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
:confused: Didn't you vote Republican ?
LMAO, this post is gold.

On a serious note, just the other day I was toying with the idea of a community effort of hiring a dev to make a addon that the whole community would benefit from...

If you earn decent money from your xF and need a decent portal I'd totally go for AR offer.

I wondered if any dev considered subscription based addons? Such as charging a yearly amount to access a whole library of small and big plugins.

LMAO, this post is gold.

On a serious note, just the other day I was toying with the idea of a community effort of hiring a dev to make a addon that the whole community would benefit from...

If you earn decent money from your xF and need a decent portal I'd totally go for AR offer.

I wondered if any dev considered subscription based addons? Such as charging a yearly amount to access a whole library of small and big plugins.
Not for add-ons, but Kim and I toyed with a themes club and a few other ideas last year. The problem is piracy is a huge issue when you do it that we're still deciding if we'll do it (If sales ever pick up).

Seeing as my post got deleted for pointing out the idiocy of certain ideals. Obama's ideals do not translate to the forum world. If I want to keep what I paid for, Obama can't force me to give it out for free to those with food stamps.

That is all.

Not for add-ons, but Kim and I toyed with a themes club and a few other ideas last year. The problem is piracy is a huge issue when you do it that we're still deciding if we'll do it (If sales ever pick up).
TBH a theme club really depends, personally I like to keep a single custom theme with possibly a dark variant. Though I wouldn't mind buying a single theme at once if it's fairly different and unique. Especially if it's a HQ mobile theme...like Ehren's IPB themes <333

Plugins is a totally different thing, for me atleast. I like how the MyBB community has various sites with subscription based plugins offers, it not only helps dev earn a stable income but forum owners game from both small simple addons to somewhat complicated ones.

I am having a system built from the ground up. Its a CMPS system. Im not using another software or anything. This will be a true xenforo addon. My CMPS will be a little bit different from the rest however as its focused on a part of the community that never gets these kind of tools. The parts that cater to this niche crowd can be turned off to run like a regular CMPS however. I know i am being vague but i cannot give out to much detail. Ive already put a couple grand into the project so im sure you can understand me being tight lipped. Like azzidreign's project mine will also cost money. Ive yet to determine an amount that seems fair. If its not successful then no big deal as i will use it myself personally. Once we are ready i will make a thread for this asking for Ideas as well as revealing alot more information. Im truly interested in what the community wants instead of just what i want. Because of Xenforos awesomeness we are doing it on XF first. Then we plan to port it to VB, IPB, and the rest of the software suites. The only one we are unsure about is SMF.

We are almost finished designing it. We are almost to the stage of opening a thread for the community to give us suggestions of what they would like to see. Also Xenforo has matured some more and people have released addons that we were planning to do with the CMS. So we will no longer be doing those few things to get it out sooner at a lower cost. Thanks for your interest. :)

We are almost finished designing it. We are almost to the stage of opening a thread for the community to give us suggestions of what they would like to see. Also Xenforo has matured some more and people have released addons that we were planning to do with the CMS. So we will no longer be doing those few things to get it out sooner at a lower cost. Thanks for your interest. :)
Opening a new thread for this CMPS would be great...

Wonders on some of the features?

There is something that I was able to do in vBCMS that I would like to be able to do again.

I hope there will be a feature list if this project is moved forward.

Top Bottom