XF 1.4 Poll Improvements

Luxus

If a thread has already a poll, can we add another one without deleting the existing one?

Also how likely are polls going to be tied to an individual post rather than a thread in the future?

Jeremy

No, you can only have one poll per thread.

If you would like to see polls as posts, there is an open suggestion you should toss your support for. :)

Grover

To conclude, I would just add this button to the thread_create template:

When you click on this button, the above screen is displayed.
Quick suggestion regarding this HYS (nothing new, nothing unrelated): please do this by default.
Way more cleaner.
You are totally right. There has been a suggestion for this since 4 years (the start of XF). Please add your likes and feedback there: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/poll-as-collapsed-option.312/

Alluidh

Only a small question ... Does "Allow the results to be viewed without voting" mean only during the poll (if poll ends at a specified time) or all time? The question for me is: If a poll ends in two weeks and I'm not able to vote - will I be able to see the result after the time ends or not?

Priller

Very nice. The only two things missing with polls IMO is the ability to display a user name when they vote. And set a limit for poll option. So 1 poll question could have 3 categories but you only can have 1 person on cat 1, 4 people on cat 2. etc.

It would help in signup for events.

Martok

Very nice. The only two things missing with polls IMO is the ability to display a user name when they vote.
When a poll is set to public, click on the number of votes next to the bars in a poll to see the names of users who voted.

Echelon

missed opportunity imo......i surely think that when people vote they should have the possibility to add some text why they voted for this particular reason. Next i think other people can add comments to that.....so you have an open discussion on the poll subject.

Echelon

Yes....they can...true....but i just suggest they can write a line of text in the poll after voting instead of creating a post.