[Pixel Crescent] Minecraft Server Status (Simple)

[Pixel Crescent] Minecraft Server Status (Simple) 1.0.4

No permission to download

Adam K M

mcserverstatus.png
I just uploaded a new resource! Feel free to use this thread to get/give help, as questions, make comments, etc. I hope you enjoy this simple (but free) minecraft server status plugin! It's open source, so feel free to go ahead and dissect the code and figure out how everything works!

Before asking a question here, please check to see if my documentation page has already answered it.

Looking for a 100% free Minecraft server status widget for your forum? Well then this is the add-on for you! It's simple, and very easy to use!
Features
  • A single server
  • Displays
    • Online Players
    • Max Players
    • Green/Red circle indicating if the server is online/offline
  • Front-end IP - Want to show users an alternative IP to the one you're querying for server...

View Resource

Last edited:
We've had quite a few downloads in the past day or so - and I'm really happy to see that so many members are enjoying this add-on!!!
Any feedback is greatly welcome! If you enjoyed the plugin, please make sure to leave a review either on my website, or through XenForo's review system - or perhaps both! It's really motivating to get feed back from people who use the add-on!

Oh this is nice, but can you make it for steamquery servers? If it can respond to that it shall be compatible to a bajillion game-servers :D

Oh this is nice, but can you make it for steamquery servers? If it can respond to that it shall be compatible to a bajillion game-servers :D
I'd love to, and I just gave it a look. I can't find any API's at the moment which return server information in a .json format, which is what this add-on is based around.

If you know of an online service which returns this data in .json, I'll add it to the add-on. :)

Please be aware that we're currently changing server hosts, our website (and subsequently, this add-on) might be unavailable for a few hours. Sorry for any inconveniences!

Your website coming back up anytime soon?
Yes it is!

My apologies, my host and I had some confusions, but we're just about done setting everything up now.
If this goes on until the weekend, I'm going to ditch hosting it myself and host it up on XenForo.com!

@Pixel Crescent the download link is not valid :(
EDIT: nevermind, it works now.
Let me know if anything else comes up. That's mighty weird.

Working on an update which addresses error handling and whatnot (Silly me, it didn't occur to me that someone could have the server status and not put in an IP). Additionally, I'm thinking of adding a JS to the server status so instead of increasing page load time (while waiting for response from API), it'll dynamically load in the server status once the page has loaded. Nifty, eh?

Pixel Crescent updated [Pixel Crescent] Minecraft Server Status (Simple) with a new update entry:

Bug Fixes

• Smaller - now 4.5 kB down from 16 kB
    • Our previous version accidentally included a folder from another add-on. If you have no waindigo plugins installed, but used version 1.0.1, delete the /Waindigo/ folder from your library.
    • Our previous version also came with an /install/data/addon-PixelC_ServerStatus.xml, we've removed that.
  • Will no longer show a dead server status when no server IP is configured from the options
  • Download area no longer requires...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Sorry for the delayed reply, @Chris Verringer and @Grinch,
We're currently investigating adding support for those two systems.

@TimeForGamesManager - Yes, it should! BungeeCord is simply something that makes multiple servers look like one server (under one IP address). We don't have a BungeeCord server to test, to confirm this though (The server status queries are the same for servers in a BungeeCord setup, to my knowledge).

We've created a basic widget framework widget which will work with the server status for XFrock's widget framework.

We're going to push the update out later today or tomorrow, but for now it's available on github/our website.

It would be great if this came packaged with it's own api. For example, You could package it with xPaws server status query. Which is hosted on Github and, A quick Google search will suffice. Relying on another host isn't preferred (IE: DevRo, MCAPI). I currently have my own widget that works on xPaws code. But, It doesn't look half as nice as this.

/Edit - Also worth taking a look at the HeroCraft add-on which does the same thing, Except it displays more information.

Last edited:
It would be great if this came packaged with it's own api. For example, You could package it with xPaws server status query. Which is hosted on Github and, A quick Google search will suffice. Relying on another host isn't preferred (IE: DevRo, MCAPI). I currently have my own widget that works on xPaws code. But, It doesn't look half as nice as this.

/Edit - Also worth taking a look at the HeroCraft add-on which does the same thing, Except it displays more information.
Mmmm, we might invest a look into giving the add-on itself a fully fledged API.

We're aware of HeroCraft's add-on, and our own add-on is simply a stop-gap until a user wants to pay for their great add-on, which of course, has many more features and is more powerful overall. It's due to their own add-on that we're trying to keep ours as simple as possible.

Mmmm, we might invest a look into giving the add-on itself a fully fledged API.

We're aware of HeroCraft's add-on, and our own add-on is simply a stop-gap until a user wants to pay for their great add-on, which of course, has many more features and is more powerful overall. It's due to their own add-on that we're trying to keep ours as simple as possible.

While I understand what you are saying, there isn't really any reason why you cannot make this as advanced as their addon is. Assuming you actually want to of course. Saying you don't want to because someone else does it seems silly to me.

Top Bottom