[Pixel Crescent] Minecraft Server Status (Simple)

[Pixel Crescent] Minecraft Server Status (Simple) 1.0.4

No permission to download
I think he meant "server being online" and just forgot to type "online."

I look forward to this update!
Would be fancy to include player heads, perhaps?

I look forward to this update!
Would be fancy to include player heads, perhaps?
For sure, that would be something cool to look at in the future. Unfortunately the current rendition of code that I'll be using doesn't allow for me to retrieve each players' username (for getting the MC heads).

I'll contact the original developer and see if they are willing to add that.

The next release will be a complete re-write of the add-on, so if you're using custom modifications, please be aware that the current xenForo callback(s) will no longer work.

Correct!

I was in a rush when typing that day. But it shows my server as being offline no matter if it is or is not. I'm glad to see that you're are re-writing this add-on. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

@tekboi Refreshing to hear that!
I'm going to be adding more features and robustness to the add-on, as well as better third-party access to the information available to the add-on.

@Earth2Luke I can't say for sure a full list of player names will be coming to the add-on, as it requires query to be enabled on the target server as well as the outgoing ports on your web-server to be open. This is also the reason why the re-write will still offer support for third-party minecraft APIs.

A simple picture of what's to come...
All that's left to do with the rewrite is make external minecraft status query websites work (alternative to opening TCP connections on port 25565), and write a simple API for third-party add-ons to access server status information.
upload_2015-6-30_17-31-39.webp

Also thought I'd mention that since this is a complete rewrite, I will be uploading it as a completely new add-on. None of the old settings will be used, so the new settings will need to be updated once you get the add-on. As always, the widget that is displayed on the forum list sidebar is easily customizable through xenForo's template manager.

The completely new re-write of the add-on is out!

Feel free to download and use that once you get a chance! I'm marking this as unmaintained and won't be offering support for this older version anymore.

Top Bottom