Phrase system/translation

Once taken shape I am sure something will show up - this is an alpha, phrasing, code, features, etc are still changing on a daily basis.

If you look at the javascript

Code:
jQuery.extend(Foro.phrases,
{
	a_moment_ago:    "A moment ago",
	one_minute_ago:  "1 minute ago",
	x_minutes_ago:   "%minutes% minutes ago",
	today_at_x:      "Today at %time%",
	yesterday_at_x:  "Yesterday at %time%",
	day_x_at_time_y: "%day% at %time%",

day0: "Sunday",
	day1: "Monday",
	day2: "Tuesday",
	day3: "Wednesday",
	day4: "Thursday",
	day5: "Friday",
	day6: "Saturday",

_months: "January,February,March,April,May,June,July,August,September,October,November,December",
	_daysShort: "Sun,Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri,Sat"

You would see that it is phrased. From the javascript being phrased i can deduce that the php/html will also be phrased.
});

I think that part is just used for the thread posted dates... So instead of showing "Posted at 9:87pm 14/03/2010" JS changes it to "Posted a moment ago" or "Posted 3 hours ago" or "Posted Sunday, 15th January 2010"

Etc

Not only is it fully phrased, we have developed a crowd-sourcing translation system built on top of the XenForo framework, so that you all can help us to produce non-English versions in record time.

We will deploy the translator on XenForo.com hopefully in the next few days.

Not only is it fully phrased, we have developed a crowd-sourcing translation system built on top of the XenForo framework, so that you all can help us to produce non-English versions in record time.

Excellent news! I can't wait to start on the Dutch language with my fellow Dutchiez

Very nice.

Count with me for translating XF to spanish :D

Awesome ... XF will spread to the 4 corners of the Earth :)

Bloody hell... just keep doing what you're doing then ha!!! This is alpha, yes? Slap me please... wow! Sure gold isn't going to be more like platinum?

Bloody hell... just keep doing what you're doing then ha!!! This is alpha, yes? Slap me please... wow! Sure gold isn't going to be more like platinum?

You literally just made my day with that last sentence. I mean, this is amazing. Well-polished. Elegant. I can see the 'alpha' status it has. ;) Not because of bugginess, but lack of being 'feature-ready.'

Top Bottom