phpMyAdmin help

Whilst this isn't exactly related to xenforo I was wondering if anyone could help, I had to reinstall xenforo due to messing some stuff up and in the process I'm not sure what I did but I completely messed up phpmyadmin ins the process as well. It prompts me with a login page, I put in the pass word that it says in my config.inc.php but then I am prompted with 1045# Cannot log in to my SQL Server.

This is what my config.inc.php says

<?php
/*
* Generated configuration file
* Generated by: phpMyAdmin 4.1.14 setup script
* Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:02:08 +0200
*/

/* Servers configuration */
$i = 0;

/* Server: localhost [1] */
$i++;
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['verbose'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['host'] = 'localhost';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['port'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['socket'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['connect_type'] = 'tcp';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['extension'] = 'mysqli';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'cookie';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'user';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'jade';

/* End of servers configuration */

$cfg['blowfish_secret'] = '557eafd496aa37.98980975';
$cfg['DefaultLang'] = 'en';
$cfg['ServerDefault'] = 1;
$cfg['UploadDir'] = '';
$cfg['SaveDir'] = '';
?>

The above username or password does not work. If anyone can help I would be so grateful! thanks :)

Perhaps there is more than one user on the account?
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'screechout_user';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'password';

Thanks for the reply! I've fixed it but uninstalling and reinstalling luckily I didn't need to keep any data!

But I have another small problem which was my initial problem to begin with Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) I get this error when setting up Xenforo, would you be able to help with this? thanks!

Thanks for the reply! I've fixed it but uninstalling and reinstalling luckily I didn't need to keep any data!

But I have another small problem which was my initial problem to begin with Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) I get this error when setting up Xenforo, would you be able to help with this? thanks!
That error is telling you the Username/Password is incorrect or permissions are not correctly setup for the user on the database.

If your using phpmyadmin, just go to User--> Add Users, fill out the information. Check the Create Database and Grant Privileges option.

db-users.webp

That error is telling you the Username/Password is incorrect or permissions are not correctly setup for the user on the database.

If your using phpmyadmin, just go to User--> Add Users, fill out the information. Check the Create Database and Grant Privileges option.

View attachment 108517

I am using phpmyadmin, when you say go to users, I do not see a tab for that. I'm very new to everything so I'm not sure where to find this, would this be in the database?

After creating the new user, use the Username and new Database name for your XenForo installation.

upload_2015-6-15_13-43-46.webp

This is what I was originally trying to set it up like,

Then on Xenforo: MySQL Username: root
MySQL Database Name: Forums

The same with the method that you said above, I'm sure I'm doing something incorrect here :/

I'm using XAMPP, but I did I have it happen to me. I resorted to the method above (create user, then db) and I was able to set everything up.

I'm using Wamp, not sure how I got it to fix the first time. This is what it looks like when I go onto the users tab. Not sure if this means anything, but just in case

upload_2015-6-15_14-6-9.webp

Hopefully you aren't using root in a production environment for your mysql account. Very foolish move if you are.

Top Bottom