XF 1.5 Can i delete a thread from phpmyadmin/mysql?

jb9826

I have many threads with thousands of replies. The conversation and picture links are dead inside. I am trying to save space.

I found the thread in the phpmyadmin panel. There is a red "delete" button. Is it ok if i delete the thread this way?

I find threads with thousands of replies won't delete and cause the forum problems if I delete it normally as a moderator. It's almost as xenforo cant delete threads with thousands of posts normally from the front end. I've ran into problems trying to delete threads with this many replies in the past.

I have attached a picture of the thread in phpmyadmin

This thread has 38,151 replies

THREAD.jpg

will bad things happen if i press delete? :unsure:

I found the thread in the phpmyadmin panel. There is a red "delete" button. Is it ok if i delete the thread this way?
NO!

will bad things happen if i press delete?
Reactions, Attachments won't be deleted, User reaction and post counts won't be updated.
Posts inside this thread won't be deleted - and NO: I won't suggest to delete these posts also via SQL query (with phpmyadmin).

It's almost as xenforo cant delete threads with thousands of posts normally from the front end.
XenForo can, but your server may not. So it seems you need more power for your server.

P.S. look inside your server error log. Are there server errors related to thread deletion?

Top Bottom