PHPbb inport, not going well at all.

I am currently trying to import the data from my PHPbb install. I so far have made the old forum inaccessible with a error message and cant get past the configure importer stage. Instant disaster to be honest.
php importer.webp
MySQL Server. I have to use anglingukorg.fatcowmysql.com as localhost does nothing.
My SQL port. I have no idea.
My SQL username. Is it the same one I used to upload XF?
Password. Think I have that one.
My SQL Database Name. The name for the folder in My SQL for the phpbb install?
Table Prefix. No idea.

Can anyone help me past this stage please?

MySQL Server: localhost

You could also try, 127.0.0.1

MySQL Port: Keep as is (most host do not change this, but you may need to contact your host)

MySQL username: This may vary, but typically for most shared accounts who use cPanel or Direct Admin it will be ACCOUNT_MySQL-NAME You should be able to find this in cPanel or Direct Admin. If you have neither, contact your host.

You should find this in the config file for phpBB

Password: You should be able to find that in the config file. In fact, most everything can be found in the config file for phpBB

My SQL Database Name: Check the config file for phpBB

Yeah, quick answer is to find your PHPBB config file.

This form is asking you to fill in the details of your PHPBB database connection.

That will contain all of the above details.

It will look something like this:

The details in red are relevant to the XenForo import.

Rich (BB code):
<?php
// phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
// Do not change anything in this file!
$dbms = 'mysql';
$dbhost = 'localhost';
$dbport = '';
$dbname = 'your_db_name';
$dbuser = 'your_db_username';
$dbpasswd = 'your_db_password';

$table_prefix = 'phpbb3_';
$acm_type = 'file';
$load_extensions = '';

@define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true);
// @define('DEBUG', true);
// @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
?>

Obviously, as per the past, I am struggling. I haven't even got off the ground with this one. If I go into my file manager, there are three config files relative to my phpbb install. I called the folder for the install /forum. Anyway, I digress. There are three files in the config folder,
Config.php which has a 404 error if I open it
config txt which contains nothing like your example
index html which takes me to my website.

I think I have all the right info except the table prefix. Thinking is probably my downfall though :(

Obviously, as per the past, I am struggling. I haven't even got off the ground with this one. If I go into my file manager, there are three config files relative to my phpbb install. I called the folder for the install /forum. Anyway, I digress. There are three files in the config folder,
Config.php which has a 404 error if I open it
config txt which contains nothing like your example
index html which takes me to my website.

I think I have all the right info except the table prefix. Thinking is probably my downfall though :(

Go to the database

You should notice a lot of tables which start with

X_users
X_post
X_thread
x_profiles

The X value is the prefix. If there is no value and its all just

users
profiles

There is no prefix and you can leave that blank.

404 error? ........ You need to have FTP access and download the file.

Sorry for being a pain but I am slowly getting somewhere I think...
So I have been on to Fatcow (My host) and they have provided some details and you guys have done the rest to get me this far...
info correct.webp
Obviously the password I know now.
So I run that (with the password in) and then get this...
error avatar.webp
I think this means I need to change the path on the custom avatar bit?
This could be a mission as I have looked for anything relating to avatars and so far drawn a blank.

Sorry for being a pain but I am slowly getting somewhere I think...
So I have been on to Fatcow (My host) and they have provided some details and you guys have done the rest to get me this far...
View attachment 34801
Obviously the password I know now.
So I run that (with the password in) and then get this...
View attachment 34802
I think this means I need to change the path on the custom avatar bit?
This could be a mission as I have looked for anything relating to avatars and so far drawn a blank.

You may need to put the full server path into that. Some setups are a little more picky.

I kind of abandoned the mission last night. I was getting more frustrated by the minute. So I have looked at it again this morning and still cant get any further.
I have tried just about everything in my capabilities to get pretty much nowhere. My lack of knowledge and understanding obviously is not helpful here but I do try.
Surely it can't be this hard? I have spent 4 hours to get as far as I have :confused:
server path.webp
I am guessing a bit here but is that the server path? I have looked about for a description but there is not a definitive answer.
I have even given up on the avatars thing and read in a another thread that if I create an empty file and point it to that it will effectively bypass the avatars bit but not for me!
I am seriously lost/out of my depth/losing the battle here!

Ok. I have gone back to the the acp for Fatcow, which is where I think all the stuff I need is?
I have gone... ACP>My SQL database>Acces Myphp database and resulted in the following...
SQL and php.webp
No where on there is the option for images or avatars and the php side of things is a list of instruction containing many words/phrases that I have no idea of the meaning.

Dealing with this now...
Admin Control Panel - SouthDevonFishing
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '12' for key 1
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 580
  8. XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1478
  9. XenForo_Model_Import->importThread() in XenForo/Importer/PhpBb3.php at line 1791
  10. XenForo_Importer_PhpBb3->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  11. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  14. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  15. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  16. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /hermes/waloraweb013/b1293/moo.anglingukorg/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

That error usually means you selected the checkbox to preserve the source ids during the import, but your database isn't "empty". You can only preserve source ids on a brand new XF install (no extra users, threads, groups, etc), otherwise you will get duplicate entry errors.

There were no threads, nodes or anything on the XF database. I had deleted all that beforehand. The only user in there is one I created to have access to the ACP but it is a username/email that isn't registered on the old PHPbb install.

Top Bottom