XF 1.2 PHP Errors after upgrade to 1.2.2

Since upgrade to 1.2.2 we are getting several php timeout errors:
PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in E:\Domains\o\oigorgeous.com\user\htdocs\forum\library\Zend\Db\Statement\Mysqli.php on line 208

This seems to happen quite regularly. We have upgraded all addons as we thought we had an issue with one particular one, although upgraded the issue remains.
Noticeable the board is slower too.

URL is www.oigorgeous.com

First, this generally isn't something that we've seen on other customers, at least not with any consistency. Second, the errors you've reported generally seem to involve the MySQL server, though PHP doesn't really do a good job of reporting fatal errors so it's hard to get any definitive info.

I assume you're on a shared server (or at least a server that is doing other things). The problem is that XF is affected by everything else on the server. On a shared server, this can be every other site on the server, along with any of the services running (such as backups). On a VPS/dedicated, in general you can keep an eye on the load to try to figure out what's going on.

Unfortunately, there isn't much that we can recommend in a general case. You're getting timeouts on all manner of various pages, so it's not a single query. That just seems to imply that the MySQL server is very overloaded and thus causing knock on effects. Assuming this is a shared server, it's very likely caused by other sites but you can't really do much to prevent that. The only way to resolve it is to switch hosts (or, if feasible, switch servers within your host).

Thanks for the reply. It does seem strange that this only started when we went to 1.2.2
On 1.2 it didnt happen once. Since the upgrade it has crippled the site. The host maintains this is an issue with us and not them and I have been monitoring the server and load is miniscule

So we have a test server. That is in the exact same state as the live site. I have upgraded all add ons, xenforo is at 1.2.3 as per main site. The only difference is the DB is on a different sql server.
No errors.

1 thing i need to check, would a corrupt DB cause this? Or is it simply an access issue?

The only difference is the DB is on a different sql server.
That's a very significant difference in this case. As virtually all of the errors have been within MySQL server functions, that points to issues with your MySQL server. The fact that another site on a different MySQL server doesn't helps show that. If you can move your live site to a different MySQL server, that would likely help.

Top Bottom