Persistent Alerts

Persistent Alerts [Paid] 2.6.0

No permission to buy ($25.00)
Like the idea behind this add on. But I think it might get too noisy for emails.

Feature suggestion:

Add a 1x1 tracking image to Watched emails. Send a new alert email for the next reply after that user opens the email.

People may read the reply in the email but not visit the thread. And not realize that means they will never get another email. This would let the alert system reset if they read that alert.

@Xon - I am using this addon along with Alert Improvements and the latest version of Xenforo 2.1. One of my users is reporting that a moved thread notification won't disappear from the top of his alerts for days and stays as a sticky at the top of his alerts above some newer ones.

Could that be related to your addon? Or any idea what I can do to fix this for him?

Here is his report with screenshot: https://www.mu-43.com/threads/moved-thread-notification-won’t-disappear.106325/post-1334421

That is from Alert Improvements where a user can make the alert-popup not mark stuff as read. There is a "mark all alerts read" button when clicking "alerts" from account card for logged in users which also has links to alert preferences

What if you uncheck the "Persistent Alert - User Option" so that everyone is opted in, then check it (enable it) so that they are opted in but can opt out of it if they want in their preferences? Will it function that way? I want to get everyone opted in to persistent alerts but then allow them to opt to get alerts like they did before (to scale back the alerts).

Hi, I'm very interested in using this add-on, but wonder about how it's going for everyone... is it a stable add-on? Please tell us how it's going on 2.2?

What if you uncheck the "Persistent Alert - User Option" so that everyone is opted in, then check it (enable it) so that they are opted in but can opt out of it if they want in their preferences? Will it function that way? I want to get everyone opted in to persistent alerts but then allow them to opt to get alerts like they did before (to scale back the alerts).

Yes, is this part of the functionality?

Last edited:
Unchecking "Persistent Alert - User Option" and then re-checking it does not reset the option for users. You can run some SQL to reset this option.

SQL:
update xf_user_option set sv_persistent_alert = 0;

Xon updated Persistent Alerts with a new update entry:

2.3.0 - Feature update

• Improve performance of "Persistent Alert - Only alert on no unread alerts" option by recording post's thread_id into the alerts table
    • Report Comment's parent container is also recorded, but requires Report Improvements v2.10.0+ to use it
    • The query for migrating the data can be quite slow for large query alert volumes! To manually run;
      SQL:
      alter table xf_user_alert add column `sv_container_id` int(10) unsigned DEFAULT NULL;

UPDATE xf_user_alert AS alert
      JOIN...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The check to see if a user had an unread alert in a thread was surprisingly expensive if the user has a very large number of unread alerts. This update vastly migrates that!

Top Bottom