XF 2.2 Persistent alert icon in 2.2

Alternadiv

2.2 took a step in the right direction for improving alert notifications. It will finally leave unread alerts as unread instead of marking them all red when you hit the bell.

But there is one more thing that it’s missing that makes it hard to drop the Alert Improvements add-on by @Xon, still.

If you have one or more unread alerts the number on the bell should persist until you read each one or mark all as read.

This is what I use the add-on for. But with the changes that came in 2.2, is there possibly a simple modification that can be made to accomplish this instead of using the add-on?

If not, does anyone know if there is an open suggestion thread about this?

2.2 took a step in the right direction for improving alert notifications. It will finally leave unread alerts as unread instead of marking them all red when you hit the bell.

But there is one more thing that it’s missing that makes it hard to drop the Alert Improvements add-on by @Xon, still.

If you have one or more unread alerts the number on the bell should persist until you read each one or mark all as read.

This is what I use the add-on for. But with the changes that came in 2.2, is there possibly a simple modification that can be made to accomplish this instead of using the add-on?

If not, does anyone know if there is an open suggestion thread about this?
Hey, man. I'm using @Xon's addon as well. Do you have any problems with the old alerts coming back as "unread" alerts?

I bet that sentence doesn't make any sense to people who don't have any problems with the alerts :D

But yeah. I have this problem on my forums. I can mark all alerts as read, but they will all come back as unread alerts after some amount of time has passed.

I can't remember what was the first time I started seeing this. Maybe a few months ago?

Man, I truly hope that someone has managed to fix this.

It may just be a case of making changes to the PAGE_CONTAINER template to replace references of $xf.visitor.alerts_unviewed to $xf.visitor.alerts_unread (I think there’s two). Haven’t tested that but it may give you the effect you’re after.

It may just be a case of making changes to the PAGE_CONTAINER template to replace references of $xf.visitor.alerts_unviewed to $xf.visitor.alerts_unread (I think there’s two). Haven’t tested that but it may give you the effect you’re after.
Thanks. I will try this and let you guys know if it worked for me.

Hey, man. I'm using @Xon's addon as well. Do you have any problems with the old alerts coming back as "unread" alerts?

I bet that sentence doesn't make any sense to people who don't have any problems with the alerts :D

But yeah. I have this problem on my forums. I can mark all alerts as read, but they will all come back as unread alerts after some amount of time has passed.

I can't remember what was the first time I started seeing this. Maybe a few months ago?

Man, I truly hope that someone has managed to fix this.
I haven’t had that problem so I’m not sure.

Top Bottom